There are several ways to earn points, this can be done by:
- Buying points off of the market, although these can be hard to find sometimes, demand on this market is high
- Donate to the game, a single donation of $5 USD will provide you with a Donator Pack which gives 50 points when used, multiple donations of this method can yield random extra-bonus points
- Subscribe to the game, becoming a subscriber will give you 75 points either annually or monthly (Monthly subscription gives 75 points a month, annual gives 900 a year)
- Steal points in the pawn shop, succeeding the 13 nerve pawn shop crime (Side door only) will give 3-7 points
- Submitting to the newspaper, you can submit your comics and articles to the newspaper when level 10, if accepted a comic will reward 250 points and an article gives 500
- Exchanging artefacts and other collectible sets in the Museum, all artefacts as well as complete flower sets and plushie sets can be exchanged in the museum for points (unlocked after completing the bachelor of history), the amount of points you can acquire ranges between 5 for a complete plushie set, to 10,000 for a single Egyptian amulet.
- Referring players to the game, if a player signs up from your referral code (found at the bottom of the city page) you will be awarded with, among other things, 250 points.
This is where you spend you points. Here are the following things you can spend points on:
|Stock Ticker (This can only be bought once)||20 Points|
|Refill Energy Bar (Once per day, resets at new day)||25 Points|
|Racing License (This can only be bought once)||50 Points|
|City Watch (This can be bought once and downloaded as needed)||50 Points|
|Upgrade maximum loan (by $100,000)||100 Points|
|Display Cabinet (This can only be bought once)||100 Points|
|Gas Can||100 Points|
|Bazaar (This can only be bought once)||250 Points|
|One Merit||500 Points|
This is where you buy and sell points. The Points Market has a cap of $50,000 per point so most points sell at, or just under, this amount. Points can also be sold to the Pawn Shop for a calculated price, current $40,000, but cannot be bought there.
Donator Pack used to be available for 100 points, this was removed in November 2010.