There are four battle stats in Torn. Each have different effects in combat.
- Increases the damage you deal each hit.
- Reduces the damage you take per hit.
- Increases the chance of hitting your opponent.
- Decreases your opponents chance of stealthing an attack.
- Decreases your opponents chance of escaping from you.
- Increases your chance of dodging an attack.
- Increases your chance of stealthing an attack.
- Increases your chance of escaping from an opponent.
Each of the four battle stats grow exponentially until the soft cap of 50 million, also known as the "stat cap" after which they grow at a relatively fixed rate.
|Attacking Stat Weights|
|Speed versus 10,000,000 Dexterity||Defence versus 10,000,000 Strength|
|1,000,000 speed : 11% hit chance||1,000,000 defence : 16% damage reduction|
|5,000,000 speed : 33% hit chance||5,000,000 defence : 40% damage reduction|
|10,000,000 speed : 50% hit chance||10,000,000 defence : 50% damage reduction|
|15,000,000 speed : 60% hit chance||15,000,000 defence : 57% damage reduction|
|20,000,000 speed : 67% hit chance||20,000,000 defence : 63% damage reduction|
|30,000,000 speed : 74% hit chance||30,000,000 defence : 71% damage reduction|
|40,000,000 speed : 78% hit chance||40,000,000 defence : 75% damage reduction|
|50,000,000 speed : 81% hit chance||50,000,000 defence : 80% damage reduction|
|60,000,000 speed : 84% hit chance||60,000,000 defence : 83% damage reduction|
|70,000,000 speed : 85% hit chance||70,000,000 defence : 86% damage reduction|
|80,000,000 speed : 87% hit chance||80,000,000 defence : 89% damage reduction|
|90,000,000 speed : 88% hit chance||90,000,000 defence : 91% damage reduction|
|100,000,000 speed : 89% hit chance||100,000,000 defence : 93% damage reduction|
|110,000,000 speed : 90% hit chance||110,000,000 defence : 95% damage reduction|
|120,000,000 speed : 90% hit chance||120,000,000 defence : 96% damage reduction|
|130,000,000 speed : 91% hit chance||130,000,000 defence : 98% damage reduction|
|140,000,000 speed : 92% hit chance||140,000,000 defence : 100% damage reduction|
Variables that affect stat growth:
- Gym (Gym Dots)
- Faction Upgrades
- Company Specials
Currently the most accurate formula to predict your gym gains is:
(Modifiers)*(Gym Dots)*(Energy Per Train)*[ (a*ln(Happy+b)+c) * (Stat Total) + d*(Happy+b) + e ]
Where a,b,c & d are constants, estimated values below:
- a = 3.480061091 x 10^-7
- b = 250
- c = 3.091619094 x 10^-6
- d = 6.82775184551527 x 10^-5
- e = -0.0301431777
When the cap on happiness was raised to 99,999 the formula changed entirely, this was the most accurate formula in the old system.
The most accurate formula at the moment, according to Darkkk's Guide is:
((Gym Dots * 4) * ((0.00019106 * Stat) + (0.00226263 * Happy) + 0.55)) * (1 + Steadfast + Education Bonus) / 150 * Energy Used
**with the 0.006% - 0.169% margin of error.**
Other Methods of increasing battle stats
One time use permanent stat increase
- Skateboard: +1% Speed
- Parachute: +1% Dexterity
- Boxing Gloves: +1% Defence
- Dumbbells: +1% Strength
- Summary of all passive stat increases from educations below
- Strength = +5%
- Speed = +13%
- Defense = +11%
- Dexterity = +19%
- +2% to all Gym gains
- Summary of all passive stat increases from educations below
- SPT3510: Sports Science Bachelors +1% Boost to all gym gains
- SPT2440: Strength and Conditioning - Gain a 1% bonus to strength gains in the gym
- SPT2450: Physiological Testing - Gain a 1% bonus to speed gains in the gym
- SPT2460: Human Movement Analysis - Gain a 1% bonus to defense gains in the gym
- SPT2470: Bio Mechanical Determinants of Skill - Gain a 1% bonus to dexterity gains in the gym
- SPT2490: Nutritional Science - Gain a 2% passive bonus to speed and strength
- SPT2500: Analysis and Performance - Gain a 2% passive bonus to defense and dexterity
- HAF2104: Aerobics - Gain a 1% passive bonus to dexterity
- HAF2105: Acrobatics - Gain a 1% passive bonus to speed
- HAF2106: Power Lifting - Gain a 1% passive bonus to strength
- HAF2107: Yoga - Gain a 2% passive bonus to strength
- HAF2108: Swimming - Gain a 1% passive bonus to dexterity
- HAF2109: Marathon Training - Gain a 3% passive bonus to speed
- MTH2240: Essential Foundation Mathematics - Gain a 1% passive bonus to speed
- MTH2250: Intermediate Mathematics - Gain a 1% passive bonus to speed
- MTH2260: Geometry - Gain a 1% passive bonus to defense
- MTH2320: Geometry 2 - Gain a 2% passive bonus to defense
- PSY2640: Memory and Decision - Gain a 1% passive bonus to dexterity
- PSY2650: Brain and Behaviour - Gain a 2% passive bonus to dexterity
- PSY2660: Quantitative Methods in Psychology - Gain a 4% passive bonus to dexterity
- PSY2670: Applied Decision Methods - Gain a 8% passive bonus to dexterity
- DEF2710: Judo - Gain a 1% passive bonus to defense
- DEF2730: Krav Maga - Gain a 1% passive bonus to defense
- DEF2740: Jujitsu - Gain a 3% passive bonus to defense
- DEF2750: Tae Kwon Do - Gain a 2% passive bonus to speed
- DEF2760: Muay Thai - Gain a 3% passive bonus to speed
|Item picture||Item ID||Item Name||Special effect||Mission Credits|
|744||Book : Brawn Over Brains||Increases strength by 5% up to 10m upon completion.||1543 - 1825|
|745||Book : Time Is In The Mind||Increases speed by 5% up to 10m upon completion.||1611 - 1985|
|746||Book : Keeping Your Face Handsome||Increases defense by 5% up to 10m upon completion.||1756|
|747||Book : A Job For Your Hands||Increases dexterity by 5% up to 10m upon completion.||1119|
Sports Sneakers: Increase your speed gains from gym training by 5%, if you have this item in your inventory. Available for purchase in Dubai at $14 Billion.
- Faction Perk - Steadfast: Each level inside a sub-branch increases sub-branch type gym trains by 1%. E.g. Strength training VII will increases gym strength gains by 7%.
The most direct stat increasing job specials are listed below. Many other indirect specials are also available such as increasing happiness or reducing item cool downs.
- Farm: 70 Energy Job Special
- Furniture Store: Increase Strength Special (about 10,000 strength per job point at stat cap)
- Ladies Strip Club: +10% Defense gym gains
- Gents Strip Club: +10% Dexterity gym gains
- Fitness Center: 3% Passive increase to all gym gains
- and Increase Strength Special (about 10,000 strength per job point at stat cap)
Torn City Jobs:
- Up to 3500.5 Defense Gain per job point (at stat cap)
- Up to 2500.5 Strength Gain per job point (at stat cap)
- Brawn - Gives a passive bonus to strength of 3% per point, up to max of +30%
- Protection - Gives a passive bonus to defense of 3% per point, up to max of +30%
- Sharpness - Gives a passive bonus to speed of 3% per point, up to max of +30%
- Evasion - Gives a passive bonus to dexterity of 3% per point, up to max of +30%