Note: a lot of this has changed when Territories released, so it might be worth going through!
- 1 Starting A Faction
- 2 Respect
- 3 Faction Warfare (Chaining)
- 4 Faction Warfare (territories)
- 5 Upgrades Panel
- 6 Organised Crimes
- 7 Faction Communication
Starting A Faction
Factions are one of the most popular activities in Torn city. They cost $1,000 x number of factions currently in the game, although they can be bought for discount in the faction buying and selling thread in the forums. A brand new faction will have 5,000 respect and be based in a shed, giving a maximum member space of 5 members.
A faction's success may be measured by its total current respect, and the upgrades that it has. To see the best factions in the game, go to the Hall of Fame in the newspapers.
Respect is what most factions will fight and die for. It can be used to show the Torn community how good your faction is, it can be used as bragging rights, or it can be used for upgrading faction specials, which will be discussed below. Respect is gained and lost in many ways.
- Warring and chaining against an opposing faction. Attack and hospitalise the other factions members to gain respect. Attacking quickly after a prior attack is known as chaining and is the most efficient way of gaining respect. When your members are hospitalised you will lose respect.
- You can also accumulate respect, on a daily basis, by owning Territories blocks.
- Most factions will run 'Organised Crimes' for the purpose of gaining respect, as well as some money in the process. They range in difficulty and members required, and are discussed in more detail below.
- Factions will lose 1 respect per day. This is to help remove low-respect, inactive factions from the game.
- When a faction is hit by a Dirty Bomb it will lose a large amount of respect, amongst other effects.
- The firework stand company has a special that will allow a user to spend job points to reduce the respect of an enemy faction. An event will appear in the faction news logs if this happens.
- The Television Station company special 'Propaganda' allows an employee to spend job points on gaining respect for the faction they are in. The faction news log will also have a record of this.
- Hospitalizing the same target multiple times, during the same chain, will halve the respect gain from hitting them each time, this does not effect bonus hits. This means it's best to not hit the same person repeatedly, as they'll give you 0 respect after just a few hits.
Faction Warfare (Chaining)
Note: Currently the warring system is disabled in preparation for Chaining 2.0 which will be released soon.
Factions war each other for respect, rank or dominance. Leaders and co-leaders can declare on any faction via the opposing faction info page. When in a war you will be able to view your faction warbase via the main faction page, compromising of information about enemy factions, members and the progress in the war. Ranked wars are those where a lower ranked faction declares war on a higher ranked one to take their rank (Contesting For/Defending Rank XX). The defending faction must be no further away than 25 ranks above the attacker. You will gain 50% more respect per hit on a ranked war than a non-ranked war. If the defending faction eventually wins the war, nothing happens in regards to ranks. If the attacker wins they will take the defending factions rank and the loser will drop rank by 1. To win a war you must gain an amount of respect equal to a 1/3 the respect of the faction with the lowest respect in the war. Where both factions are at 10,000 respect or over, the maximum respect to be gained is capped at 2500.
|Faction A Respect||Faction B Respect||Respect to Win|
Note that the respect to win is on top of any respect your opponent gains whilst fighting back. If they gain 100 respect from attacking you, you will need to reach 100 respect higher than you would have. For example 2600 respect gained rather than 2500 for two large factions. A green and red bar will indicate who is winning and how close they are to claiming victory. Hovering over this will give you the percentage control each side has in the war. You are aiming to control 100%, allowing you to claim victory over your foe.
Claiming victory can be done by the leader or co-leader. A bonus hit can be used to take you over 100%, however another normal hit will be needed to trigger the ability to claim. This is what will allow you to improve your rank. Claiming victory will also give a respect bonus dependent on how much your opponent fights back. This can range from tens of respect, to tens of thousands!
To gain respect against another faction you must attack and hospitalise their members (attacking and mugging have no effect). Chaining is the main way that factions will war others.
Chaining is the act of making a hit within a set time frame of a prior attack. This time is five minutes by default, however can be increased by the faction chaining upgrades. The first attack does not trigger the chain itself, so the chain bar (in the sidebar - under nerve) will appear on the second attack as '1/100'. You may attack as quickly or as slowly as you wish, as long as the attacks are not spaced further than 5 minutes apart (or as long as your particular faction allows). Chain Bonuses: There are bonuses when the chain reaches 10, 25, 50, 75 and 100. These will gain the member who does the 10th attack 10 respect towards their personal stats as well as 10 extra respect for the faction. This bonus is in addition to the respect gained from attacking anyway. The 25th attack gains 25 respect and so on. Bonus hits are used to win wars by hitting the bonus on an aggressively contesting faction as they count towards the war control percentage. This is why you might see a faction with few attacks made, but lots of respect gained in that particular war. There are honour bars available for the member hitting each bonus. Retaliation Bonuses: These are gained by attacking an enemy who has hospitalised one of your members within the past 10 minutes. It will display in the faction attack news as Chedburn hospitalised -Clansdancer (Retaliation Bonus). This gives approximately a bonus of 50% extra respect on top of the regular respect gained. If the defender is revives or uses medical items to get out of hospital they can be hit for another retaliation bonus as long as it is still within the 10 minute time frame.
The respect gained from any particular hit against a faction depends on a number of factors including level, stats and length of the chain.
Note: Coming soon!
Note: Coming soon!
Faction Warfare (territories)
This is a little bit different to chaining as we know it. Here your faction leader or co-leader can claim up to 30 territories, if you have atleast 10 members, from a large amount found on the city map, each territory gives you a certain amount of daily respect. You must hold a territory for at least 3 days to unlock the next territory.
You can find a more detailed description of territories here.
The Upgrades panel is the nuts and bolts of faction management. It is split into two sections, the core branch and the special upgrades branch.
- An upgrade from a core branch cannot be undone, so be careful when selecting these. This includes member capacity, armoury upgrades, dirty bomb lab, territory upgrades and chaining upgrades.
- The Second branch is where you can select your specials, you can choose up to 6 trees from a list of 8 trees. These can be unset as you see fit for the current situation, although it does take 100 hours to unset them!
Give To User
Allows the faction leader, co-leader or anyone who has been given access to give money or points to members who have been in the faction for 4 days or more. Anyone who has not been in the faction for the required number of days will not show up on the drop down list of members.
Allows the leader or co-leader to send money to multiple faction members at the same time. Members under 4 days old will still receive these payments.
|Permissions||AM||Armoury Medical Use||Allows members to use medical items directly from the armoury.|
|AB||Armoury Booster Use||Allows members to use boosters, energy drinks, alcohol and candy directly from the armoury.|
|AD||Armoury Drug Use||Allows members to use drug items directly from the armoury.|
|AR||Armoury Refill Use||Allows members to refill their points directly from the armoury.|
|AL||Armoury Loaning||Allows members to retrieve and loan weapons to themselves and other faction members.|
|SN||Send Newsletter||Allows members to send newsletters.|
|CA||Change Announcement||Allows members to change the faction announcement.|
|AP||Application Management||Allows members to accept or decline faction applications.|
|FO||Forum Management||Allows members to delete faction posts and make stickies.|
|OC||Organised Crime Management||Allows members to plan and initiate the factions organised crimes.|
|FM||Full Ordnance Management||Gives the member full access to the factions money and armoury.|
|Capacity I||10 Members||1000 respect||N/A|
|Capacity II||15 Members||1,412 respect||N/A|
|Capacity III||20 Members||2,173 respect||Achieve a faction age of 10 days|
|Capacity IV||25 Members||3,067 respect||Achieve a faction age of 20 days|
|Capacity V||30 Members||4,719 respect||Achieve a faction age of 30 days|
|Capacity VI||40 Members||6,662 respect||Achieve a faction age of 40 days|
|Capacity VII||50 Members||10,251 respect||Achieve a faction age of 50 days|
|Capacity VIII||65 Members||15,773 respect||Achieve a faction age of 75 days|
|Capacity IX||80 Members||22,265 respect||Achieve a faction age of 100 days|
|Capacity X||100 Members||34,258 respect||Achieve a faction age of 150 days|
|Weapon Armoury||1,000 respect|
|Armour Armoury||1,412 respect|
|Temporary Armoury||3,067 respect|
|Medical Armoury||3,067 respect|
|Drug Armoury||6,662 respect|
|Booster Armoury||6,662 respect|
|Point Storage||15,773 respect|
|Laboratory||105,027 respect||Acquire 25 faction members|
Faction specials are special bonuses that all of your faction members receive. You can assign your respect to these upgrades, be wary though, as unsetting them will last 100 hours, so you can't just change up your specials constantly.
If you are interested in the old upgrades system, you can view those on this page.
You can find more information on all the challenges you need to complete on [ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13OqSfNjRfI_yHKTI8yHzuJODozhYCWN9uYLD7Bt5UuE/pubhtml# this spreadsheet] by Fin and Franky.
Main tree: Addiction: Reduce drug addiction up to 50%. (2% per upgrade)
- Overdosing: Decrease overdose chance up to 30%. (3% per upgrade)
- Side effects: Reduce passives negatives from drug effects and addiction up to 30%. (3% per upgrade)
Total Cost: 254,884 respect
- Speed training: Increase speed gym gains up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
- Strength training: Increase strength gym gains up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
- Defence training: Increase defence gym gains up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
- Dexterity training: Increase dexterity gym gains up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
- An extra 5% on speed or strength
- An extra 5% on defense or dexterity
Tertiary tree: An extra 5% on a stat, dependant on the specialisations you chose previously.
Total Cost: 553,744 Respect (without the hidden ones)
- Speed: Increase speed passively up to 20%. (1% per upgrade)
- Strength: Increase strength passively up to 20%. (1% per upgrade)
- Accuracy: Increase accuracy up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
- Hospiltalization: Increase out going hosp times up to 25%. (2.5% per upgrade)
- Damage: Increase all damage up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
Total Cost: 563,249 respect
Main tree: Travel capcity: Increase travel capacity up to 10. (1 per upgrade)
- Travel cost: Reduce travelling fees up to 75%.(15% per upgrade)
- Hunting: Increase hunting income up to 30%. (3% per upgrade)
- Rehab cost: Reduce rehab cost up to 20%. (2% per upgrade)
- Overseas banking: Increase cayman interest with a multiplier up to 25%. (5% per upgrade, this means you can get up to 0.625% interest instead of the base 0.5%)
Total Cost 320,921 respect
Main tree: Hospital time: Reduce all hospital times up to 25%. (1% per upgrade)
- Life regeneration: Regenerate up to 4% more life per tick. (0.2% per upgrade)
- Reviving: Reduce reviving cost down to 25 energy. ( 5 per upgrade)
- Medical cooldown: Add up to 12h of med cooldown. (1h per upgrade)
Tertiary trees: Medical effectiveness: Gain up to 30% extra medical effectiveness. (2% per upgrade)
Total Cost: 526,142 respect
Main tree: Booster cooldown: Adds up to 24h of booster cooldown. (1h per upgrade)
- Alcohol effect: Increase nerve gain from alcohol up to 50%. (5% per upgrade)
- Candy effect: Increase happy gain from candy up to 50%. (5% per upgrade)
- Energy drink effect: Increase energy gain from cans up to 50%. (5% per upgrade)
Total Cost: 275,581 respect
Main tree: Crimes: Provides up to 25% increase in crime skill and exp boost. (1% per upgrade)
- Jail time: Decreases jail times up to 30%. (2% per upgrade)
- Nerve: Increase maximum nerve up to 40 extra nerve. (1 per upgrade)
Tertiary tree: Bust skill: Increase bust skill up to 50%. (5% per upgrade)
Quaternary tree: Bust nerve: Decrease nerve bust cost up to 3. (1 per upgrade)
Total Cost: 593,993 respect
- Defence: Increase Defence passively up to 20%. (1% per upgrade)
- Dexterity: Increase dexterity passively up to 20%. (1% per upgrade)
- Escape: Increase runaway chance up to 30%. (3% per upgrade)
- Maximum life: Increase maximum life up to 20%. (1% per upgrade)
Total Cost: 500,004 respect
In Laboratory you can built a Dirty Bomb. More details here.
Here are all the challenges you will need to complete in order to be able to upgrade a special you may be chasing. In each tree there are 2-5 branches available. Tree's can be opened once you have enough respect but branches will need respect and challenges met before you may upgrade them. The whole faction will need to work together to unlock the challenges if someone happens to leave the faction it's ok the work towards the challenge will still count.
- Hospilization I: Increases outgoing hosptalization time by 2.5%
- Hospilization II: Increases outgoing hosptalization time by 5%
- Hospilization III: Increases outgoing hosptalization time by 7.5%
- Hospilization IV: Increases outgoing hosptalization time by 10%
- Hospilization V: Increases outgoing hosptalization time by 12.5%
- Hospilization VI: Increases outgoing hosptalization time by 15%
- Hospilization VII: Increases outgoing hosptalization time by 17.5%
- Hospilization VIII: Increases outgoing hosptalization time by 20%
- Hospilization IX: Increases outgoing hosptalization time by 22.5%
- Hospilization X: Increases outgoing hosptalization time by 25%
- Accuracy I: Achieve 1,000 damaging hits. Increases all accuracy by 1%
- Accuracy II: Achieve 2,500 damaging hits. Increases all accuracy by 2%
- Accuracy III: Achieve 5,000 damaging hits. Increases all accuracy by 3%
- Accuracy IV: Achieve 7,500 damaging hits. Increases all accuracy by 4%
- Accuracy V: Achieve 10,000 damaging hits. Increases all accuracy by 5%
- Accuracy VI: Achieve 20,000 damaging hits. Increases all accuracy by 6%
- Accuracy VII: Achieve 30,000 damaging hits. Increases all accuracy by 7%
- Accuracy VIII: Achieve 50,000 damaging hits. Increases all accuracy by 8%
- Accuracy IX: Achieve 75,000 damaging hits. Increases all accuracy by 9%
- Accuracy X: Achieve 100,000 damaging hits. Increases all accuracy by 10%
- Damage I: Increases all damage by 1%
- Damage II: Increases all damage by 2%
- Damage III: Increases all damage by 3%
- Damage IV: Increases all damage by 4%
- Damage V: Increases all damage by 5%
- Damage VI: Increases all damage by 6%
- Damage VII: Increases all damage by 7%
- Damage VIII: Increases all damage by 8%
- Damage IX: Increases all damage by 9%
- Damage X: Increases all damage by 10%
- Travel cost I: Achieve 2,500 hours of flight time. Reduces travelling fees by 15%.
- Travel cost II: Achieve 5,000 hours of flight time. Reduces travelling fees by 30%.
- Travel cost III: Achieve 10,000 hours of flight time. Reduces travelling fees by 45%.
- Travel cost IV: Achieve 25,000 hours of flight time. Reduces travelling fees by 60%.
- Travel cost V: Achieve 50,000 hours of flight time. Reduces travelling fees by 75%.
- Hunting I: Hunt 100 times. Increase hunting income by 3%.
- Hunting II: Hunt 250 times. Increase hunting income by 6%.
- Hunting III: Hunt 500 times. Increase hunting income by 9%.
- Hunting IV: Hunt 750 times. Increase hunting income by 12%
- Hunting V: Hunt 1,000 times. Increase hunting income by 15%.
- Hunting VI: Hunt 2,000 times. Increase hunting income by 18%.
- Hunting VII: Hunt 3,000 times. Increase hunting income by 21%.
- Hunting VIII: Hunt 5,000 times. Increase hunting income by 24%.
- Hunting IX: Hunt 7,500 times. Increase hunting income by 27%.
- Hunting X: Hunt 10,000 times. Increase hunting income by 30%.
Hunting is based in South Africa
- Rehab cost I: Rehab 1,000 times. Reduces rehabilitatoin cost by 2%
- Rehab cost II: Rehab 2,500 times. Reduces rehabilitatoin cost by 4%
- Rehab cost III: Rehab 5,000 times. Reduces rehabilitatoin cost by 6%
- Rehab cost IV: Rehab 7,500 times. Reduces rehabilitatoin cost by 8%
- Rehab cost V: Rehab 10,000 times. Reduces rehabilitatoin cost by 10%
- Rehab cost VI: Rehab 20,000 times. Reduces rehabilitatoin cost by 12%
- Rehab cost VII: Rehab 30,000 times. Reduces rehabilitatoin cost by 14%
- Rehab cost VIII: Rehab 50,000 times. Reduces rehabilitatoin cost by 16%
- Rehab cost IX: Rehab 75,000 times. Reduces rehabilitatoin cost by 18%
- Rehab cost X: Rehab 100,000 times. Reduces rehabilitatoin cost by 20%
Every $250,000 rehab turn count's as one go at rehab. Rehab is based in Switzerland.
- Oversea banking I: Receive $10,000,000 in interest. Increases bank interest by 5%
- Oversea banking II: Recieve $50,000,000 in interest. Increase bank interest by 10%
- Oversea banking III: Recieve $100,000,000 in interest. Increase bank interest by 15%
- Oversea banking IV: Recieve $250,000,000 in interest. Increase bank interest by 20%
- Oversea banking V: Recieve $500,000,000 in interest. Increase bank interest by 25%
Overseas banking is based in the Cayman Islands.
- Side effects I: Take 250 drugs. Reduces passive negatives from drugs and addiction by 3%
- Side effects II: Take 500 drugs. Reduces passive negatives from drugs and addiction by 6%
- Side effects III: Take 1,000 drugs. Reduces passive negatives from drugs and addiction by 9%
- Side effects IV: Take 2,500 drugs. Reduces passive negatives from drugs and addiction by 12%
- Side effects V: Take 5,000 drugs. Reduces passive negatives from drugs and addiction by 15%
- Side effects VI: Take 7,500 drugs. Reduces passive negatives from drugs and addiction by 18%
- Side effects VII: Take 10,000 drugs. Reduces passive negatives from drugs and addiction by 21%
- Side effects VIII: Take 15,000 drugs. Reduces passive negatives from drugs and addiction by 24%
- Side effects IX: Take 20,000 drugs. Reduces passive negatives from drugs and addiction by 27%
- Side effects X: Take 25,000 drugs. Reduces passive negatives from drugs and addiction by 30%
- Overdoing I: Overdose 10 times. Decreases chance of overdose by 3%
- Overdoing II: Overdose 25 times. Decreases chance of overdose by 6%
- Overdoing III: Overdose 50 times. Decreases chance of overdose by 9%
- Overdoing IV: Overdose 75 times. Decreases chance of overdose by 12%
- Overdoing V: Overdose 100 times. Decreases chance of overdose by 15%
- Overdoing VI: Overdose 200 times. Decreases chance of overdose by 18%
- Overdoing VII: Overdose 300 times. Decreases chance of overdose by 21%
- Overdoing VIII: Overdose 500 times. Decreases chance of overdose by 24%
- Overdoing IX: Overdose 750 times. Decreases chance of overdose by 27%
- Overdoing X: Overdose 1,000 times. Decreases chance of overdose by 30%
These bring in respect and money for your faction. The higher grade OCs provide more money and respect. Failures will impact crime experience, though not as much as failures of personal crimes. OCs can be planned and initiated by any member with "OC" permission, given by Leader.
|Name||Members required||Time of planning||Cash gains ($)||Respect gains|
|Blackmail||2 Members||24 Hours||6,000 - 10,000||1 - 2|
|Kidnapping||2 Members||48 Hours||15,000 - 35,000||3 - 5|
|Bomb Threat||3 Members||72 Hours||50,000 - 150,000||7 - 10|
|Planned Robbery||5 Members||96 Hours||400,000 - 600,000||18 - 24|
|Rob a money train||6 Members||120 Hours||3,250,000 - 4,250,000||25 - 35|
|Take over a cruise liner||15 Members||144 Hours||17,500,000 - 27,500,000||65 - 80|
|Hijack a plane||8 Members||168 Hours||20,000,000 - 50,000,000||80 - 100|
|Political Assassination||4 Members||192 Hours||100,000,000 - 300,000,000||200 - 300|
Faction Forums The faction forums are a place for you to talk to your members, post ideas, services from the faction and offers. It is also the main place for any up-to-date news from the faction and a well run forum is vital for a faction to succeed. All faction members can make threads and post in them, but only certain faction staff can delete threads that aren't theirs or make stickies.
Faction chatbox This is for faction members to talk in real-time, it is useful during chainings or asking for help with regards to the faction.
Newsletter Some Faction staff can send newsletters out, usually these letters have important information regarding the faction and it is usually best to pay attention to these.
IRC Most factions have some sort of IRC channel, this generally helps you to make friends within a faction and greatly boosts the team spirit within a faction. It also helps when attacking during wartime.
Articles Relating to City Locations