Note: a lot of this has changed when Territories released, so it might be worth going through!
- 1 Starting A Faction
- 2 Respect
- 3 Faction Warfare (Chaining)
- 4 Faction Warfare (territories)
- 5 Upgrades Panel
- 6 Organised Crimes
- 7 Faction Communication
Starting A Faction
Factions are one of the most popular activities in Torn city. They cost $1,000 x number of factions currently in the game, although they can be bought for discount in the faction buying and selling thread in the forums. A brand new faction will have 5,000 respect and be based in a shed, giving a maximum member space of 5 members.
A faction's success may be measured by its total current respect, and the upgrades that it has. To see the best factions in the game, go to the Hall of Fame in the newspapers.
Going inactive (Faction Leader)
It should be noted, that if the factions leader should ever go inactive for more than 30-days, leadership will be automatically transferred to the Co-Leader. If there is no Co-Leader, it will then be transferred to the longest serving active member.
Respect is what most factions will fight and die for. It can be used to show the Torn community how good your faction is, it can be used as bragging rights, or it can be used for upgrading faction specials, which will be discussed below. Respect is gained and lost in many ways.
- Warring and chaining against an opposing faction. Attacking the other factions members to gain respect. Attacking quickly after a prior attack is known as chaining and is the most efficient way of gaining respect. When your members are attacked you will lose respect.
- You can also accumulate respect, on a daily basis, by owning Territories blocks.
- Most factions will run 'Organised Crimes' for the purpose of gaining respect, as well as some money in the process. They range in difficulty and members required, and are discussed in more detail below.
- Factions will lose 1 respect per day. This is to help remove low-respect, inactive factions from the game.
- When a faction is hit by a Dirty Bomb it will lose a large amount of respect, amongst other effects.
- The firework stand company has a special that will allow a user to spend job points to reduce the respect of an enemy faction. An event will appear in the faction news logs if this happens.
- The Television Station company special 'Propaganda' allows an employee to spend job points on gaining respect for the faction they are in. The faction news log will also have a record of this.
Faction Warfare (Chaining)
Note: Currently the warring system is disabled in preparation for Chaining 2.0 which will be released soon.
Factions war each other for respect, rank or dominance. Leaders and co-leaders can declare on any faction via the opposing faction info page. When in a war you will be able to view your faction warbase via the main faction page, compromising of information about enemy factions, members and the progress in the war. Ranked wars are those where a lower ranked faction declares war on a higher ranked one to take their rank (Contesting For/Defending Rank XX). The defending faction must be no further away than 25 ranks above the attacker. You will gain 50% more respect per hit on a ranked war than a non-ranked war. If the defending faction eventually wins the war, nothing happens in regards to ranks. If the attacker wins they will take the defending factions rank and the loser will drop rank by 1. To win a war you must gain an amount of respect equal to a 1/3 the respect of the faction with the lowest respect in the war. Where both factions are at 10,000 respect or over, the maximum respect to be gained is capped at 2500.
|Faction A Respect||Faction B Respect||Respect to Win|
Note that the respect to win is on top of any respect your opponent gains whilst fighting back. If they gain 100 respect from attacking you, you will need to reach 100 respect higher than you would have. For example 2600 respect gained rather than 2500 for two large factions. A green and red bar will indicate who is winning and how close they are to claiming victory. Hovering over this will give you the percentage control each side has in the war. You are aiming to control 100%, allowing you to claim victory over your foe.
Claiming victory can be done by the leader or co-leader. A bonus hit can be used to take you over 100%, however another normal hit will be needed to trigger the ability to claim. This is what will allow you to improve your rank. Claiming victory will also give a respect bonus dependent on how much your opponent fights back. This can range from tens of respect, to tens of thousands!
To gain respect against another faction you must attack and hospitalise their members (attacking and mugging have no effect). Chaining is the main way that factions will war others.
The chaining system was completely redesigned in 2017 and unveiled in November as the first update as part of a much larger Warring 2.0 upgrade. All information about chaining can be found here.
Note: Coming soon!
Note: Coming soon!
Faction Warfare (territories)
This is a little bit different to chaining as we know it. Here your faction leader or co-leader can claim up to 30 territories, if you have atleast 10 members, from a large amount found on the city map, each territory gives you a certain amount of daily respect. You must hold a territory for at least 3 days to unlock the next territory.
You can find a more detailed description of territories here.
The Upgrades panel is the nuts and bolts of faction management. It is split into two sections, the core branch and the special upgrades branch.
- An upgrade from a core branch cannot be undone, so be careful when selecting these. This includes member capacity, armoury upgrades, dirty bomb lab, territory upgrades and chaining upgrades.
- The Second branch is where you can select your specials, you can choose up to 6 trees from a list of 8 trees. These can be unset as you see fit for the current situation, although it does take 100 hours to unset them!
Give To User
Allows the faction leader, co-leader or anyone who has been given access to give money or points to members who have been in the faction for 4 days or more. Anyone who has not been in the faction for the required number of days will not show up on the drop down list of members.
Allows the leader or co-leader to send money to multiple faction members at the same time. Members under 4 days old will still receive these payments.
Note: There is a 7-day faction membership requirement for 'Full Ordnance Management' (added on 31/07/18)
|Permissions||AM||Armoury Medical Use||Allows members to use Medical items directly from the armory.|
|AB||Armoury Booster Use||Allows members to use boosters, energy drinks, alcohol and candy directly from the armory.|
|AD||Armoury Drug Use||Allows members to use drug items directly from the armory.|
|AR||Armoury Refill Use||Allows members to refill their points directly from the armory.|
|AL||Armoury Loaning||Allows members to retrieve and loan weapons, armour & temporary items to themselves and other faction members.|
|SN||Send Newsletter||Allows members to send Newsletters.|
|CA||Change Announcement||Allows members to change the faction announcement.|
|AP||Application Management||Allows members to accept or decline faction applications.|
|FO||Forum Management||Allows members to delete faction posts and make stickies.|
|OC||Organised Crime Management||Allows members to plan and initiate the factions Organised Crimes.|
|FM||Full Ordnance Management||Gives the member full access to the factions money and armory.|
|Capacity I||10 Members||1000 respect||N/A|
|Capacity II||15 Members||1,412 respect||N/A|
|Capacity III||20 Members||2,173 respect||Achieve a faction age of 10 days|
|Capacity IV||25 Members||3,067 respect||Achieve a faction age of 20 days|
|Capacity V||30 Members||4,719 respect||Achieve a faction age of 30 days|
|Capacity VI||40 Members||6,662 respect||Achieve a faction age of 40 days|
|Capacity VII||50 Members||10,251 respect||Achieve a faction age of 50 days|
|Capacity VIII||65 Members||15,773 respect||Achieve a faction age of 75 days|
|Capacity IX||80 Members||22,265 respect||Achieve a faction age of 100 days|
|Capacity X||100 Members||34,258 respect||Achieve a faction age of 150 days|
|Weapon Armoury||1,000 respect|
|Armour Armoury||1,412 respect|
|Temporary Armoury||3,067 respect|
|Medical Armoury||3,067 respect|
|Drug Armoury||6,662 respect|
|Booster Armoury||6,662 respect|
|Point Storage||15,773 respect|
|Laboratory||105,027 respect||Acquire 25 faction members|
Faction specials are special bonuses that all of your faction members receive. You can assign your respect to these upgrades, be wary though, as unsetting them will last 100 hours, so you can't just change up your specials constantly.
If you are interested in the old upgrades system, you can view those on this page.
Main tree: Addiction: Reduce drug addiction up to 50%. (2% per upgrade)
- Overdosing: Decrease overdose chance up to 30%. (3% per upgrade)
- Side effects: Reduce passives negatives from drug effects and addiction up to 30%. (3% per upgrade)
Total Cost: 254,884 respect
- Speed training: Increase speed gym gains up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
- Strength training: Increase strength gym gains up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
- Defence training: Increase defence gym gains up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
- Dexterity training: Increase dexterity gym gains up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
- An extra 5% on speed or strength
- An extra 5% on defense or dexterity
Tertiary tree: An extra 5% on a stat, dependant on the specialisations you chose previously.
Total Cost: 249,498 Respect (This is with 2 branches at std10, one at std15 & one at std20)
- Speed: Increase speed passively up to 20%. (1% per upgrade)
- Strength: Increase strength passively up to 20%. (1% per upgrade)
- Accuracy: Increase accuracy up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
- Hospiltalization: Increase out going hosp times up to 25%. (2.5% per upgrade)
- Damage: Increase all damage up to 10%. (1% per upgrade)
Total Cost: 563,249 respect
Main tree: Travel capcity: Increase travel capacity up to 10. (1 per upgrade)
- Travel cost: Reduce travelling fees up to 75%.(15% per upgrade)
- Hunting: Increase hunting income up to 30%. (3% per upgrade)
- Rehab cost: Reduce rehab cost up to 20%. (2% per upgrade)
- Overseas banking: Increase cayman interest with a multiplier up to 25%. (5% per upgrade, this means you can get up to 0.625% interest instead of the base 0.5%)
Total Cost 320,921 respect
Main tree: Hospital time: Reduce all hospital times up to 25%. (1% per upgrade)
- Life regeneration: Regenerate up to 4% more life per tick. (0.2% per upgrade)
- Reviving: Reduce reviving cost down to 25 energy. ( 5 per upgrade)
- Medical cooldown: Add up to 12h of med cooldown. (1h per upgrade)
Tertiary trees: Medical effectiveness: Gain up to 30% extra medical effectiveness. (2% per upgrade)
Total Cost: 526,142 respect
Main tree: Booster cooldown: Adds up to 24h of booster cooldown. (1h per upgrade)
- Alcohol effect: Increase nerve gain from alcohol up to 50%. (5% per upgrade)
- Candy effect: Increase happy gain from candy up to 50%. (5% per upgrade)
- Energy drink effect: Increase energy gain from cans up to 50%. (5% per upgrade)
Total Cost: 275,581 respect
Main tree: Crimes: Provides up to 25% increase in crime skill and exp boost. (1% per upgrade)
- Jail time: Decreases jail times up to 30%. (2% per upgrade)
- Nerve: Increase maximum nerve up to 40 extra nerve. (1 per upgrade)
Tertiary tree: Bust skill: Increase bust skill up to 50%. (5% per upgrade)
Quaternary tree: Bust nerve: Decrease nerve bust cost up to 3. (1 per upgrade)
Total Cost: 593,993 respect
- Defence: Increase Defence passively up to 20%. (1% per upgrade)
- Dexterity: Increase dexterity passively up to 20%. (1% per upgrade)
- Escape: Increase runaway chance up to 30%. (3% per upgrade)
- Maximum life: Increase maximum life up to 20%. (1% per upgrade)
Total Cost: 500,004 respect
In Laboratory you can built a Dirty Bomb. More details here.
For more information on faction challenges, please view the Faction Challenges page.
These bring in respect and money for your faction. The higher grade OCs provide more money and respect. Failures will impact crime experience, though not as much as failures of personal crimes. OCs can be planned and initiated by any member with "OC" permission, given by Leader.
|Name||Members required||Time of planning||Cash gains ($)||Respect gains|
|Blackmail||2 Members||24 Hours||6,000 - 10,000||1 - 2|
|Kidnapping||2 Members||48 Hours||15,000 - 35,000||3 - 5|
|Bomb Threat||3 Members||72 Hours||50,000 - 150,000||7 - 10|
|Planned Robbery||5 Members||96 Hours||400,000 - 600,000||18 - 24|
|Rob a money train||6 Members||120 Hours||3,250,000 - 4,250,000||25 - 35|
|Take over a cruise liner||15 Members||144 Hours||17,500,000 - 27,500,000||65 - 80|
|Hijack a plane||8 Members||168 Hours||20,000,000 - 50,000,000||80 - 100|
|Political Assassination||4 Members||192 Hours||100,000,000 - 300,000,000||200 - 300|
Faction Forums The faction forums are a place for you to talk to your members, post ideas, services from the faction and offers. It is also the main place for any up-to-date news from the faction and a well run forum is vital for a faction to succeed. All faction members can make threads and post in them, but only certain faction staff can delete threads that aren't theirs or make stickies.
Faction chatbox This is for faction members to talk in real-time, it is useful during chainings or asking for help with regards to the faction.
Newsletter Some Faction staff can send newsletters out, usually these letters have important information regarding the faction and it is usually best to pay attention to these.
|Articles relating to City locations|
|West Side||Education · Gym · Travel agency|
|North Side||Points Building · Points Market · Item Market · Auction House · Church|
|Red-Light||Casino · Loan Shark · Race Track · Dump|
|City Center||City Stats · Committee · Community Center · Hospital · Museum · Jail · Staff · Visitor Center|
|Financial||City Bank · Donator House · Message Inc · Stock Market|
|East Side||Big Al's Gun Shop · Sally's Sweet Shop · TC Clothing · Estate Agents · Bits 'n' Bobs · Jewelry Shop · Torn Super Store · Cyber Force · Torn City Docks · Post Office · Pawn Shop · Pharmacy · Nikeh Sports|