Blessings and Curses-A Hero and Villain RP - Page 11 | Rolepla…
Blessings and Curses-A Hero and Villain RP
    • Wood [2175573]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 80
    • Posts: 2622
    • Karma: 1205
    • Last Action: 31 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 21:18:48 - 26/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    “Whatever man.” The webbed foot kid said, panting when he finally got to the top.

    ”Enough arguing, focus on class. Unless you want to get demoted.” The girl from Alex’s class said. She was rubbing her hands, which where covered in leaves.

    ”Alright. Let’s finish with… Scenario 21. Keep your feet ladies and gentlemen.” The instructor said, as his part of the platform dropped. The risen hill expanded until it left quite a bit of room for the students. Just then, cracks began to appear and chunks of it fell off. It rumbled and shook.

    ”Ah, earthquakes. About as challenging as the last.” One girl said with a chuckle as she flapped and flew above the landscape.

    https://profileimages.torn.com/265895ca-48b6-c052-2175573.png

    • SiriusHoward [2825287]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 10
    • Posts: 802
    • Karma: 111
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 21:28:59 - 26/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "I forgot to mention that since fire and earth make lava, and fire and water boil things and create vapor, then theoretically I should be able to use the former." I would heat a thin layer of the platform in the cracks and cool it once I was in the air safe.
    • Wood [2175573]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 80
    • Posts: 2622
    • Karma: 1205
    • Last Action: 31 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 21:56:06 - 26/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Half the students were eventually shaken from the platform, but the other half managed to keep their legs either from use of their powers or through dumb luck. The PE teacher reset the gym to a standard format again.

    ”Alright. Good job everyone. You win some, you lose some others. We’ll keep doing these scenarios to familiarize you with the work you may or may not do when you graduate.” The instructor said, leaning against the wall and taking notes.

    https://profileimages.torn.com/265895ca-48b6-c052-2175573.png

    • SiriusHoward [2825287]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 10
    • Posts: 802
    • Karma: 111
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 22:04:12 - 26/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    I would secretly go off to try and murder those two kids, not out of anger, but out of fear for myself and other students' lives. "Oh dumba**es....where are you? Come out come out wherever you are....."
    • Wood [2175573]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 80
    • Posts: 2622
    • Karma: 1205
    • Last Action: 31 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 22:58:15 - 26/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Able and Havard are off, taking a class at the moment. Once they finish up they head for the cafeteria. They grab some food and sit down.

    ”How’re your marks doing?” Havard asks Able.

    ”Surprisingly well, now that I’m stuck going to class, back to the dorm, eat, sleep and repeat, fairly well. What about you Havard?” Able asks.

    ”Similar enough. I’ve got a couple of B’s now instead of C’s.” Havard commented.

    https://profileimages.torn.com/265895ca-48b6-c052-2175573.png

    • SiriusHoward [2825287]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 10
    • Posts: 802
    • Karma: 111
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 23:15:22 - 26/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    I would walk up to them and stare the two down. "Hey punks. You're f**ked unless you quit picking on people. So stop or I'll turn you both into the next Vader. Oh right, you can't survive with no limbs and a scorched respiratory system." I would walk off, going to sit next to that girl and actually try to socialize with someone for once.
    Last edited by SiriusHoward on 23:15:54 - 26/11/22
    • Wood [2175573]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 80
    • Posts: 2622
    • Karma: 1205
    • Last Action: 31 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 23:35:21 - 26/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    “Oh, well do as we please. As we always have. Because we have powers. And those powers can be used for others, but they’re ultimately ours.” Able said as he speared a potato with his fork and continued to eat. 


    “Oh. Hey. You’re…umm… can’t say I know your name. I’m Gail.” She said as she twirled pasta on a fork.

    ”You local or come from someone here else?” Gail asked.

    —————-

    “Let’s follow these tracks and see where they lead.” Ochoa said to strange. The pair would follow the steps until they led up the ladder. Once at the top there wasn’t a lot of clues where the creature had gone from there.

    “This is going to be a right bother.” Ochoa muttered.

    https://profileimages.torn.com/265895ca-48b6-c052-2175573.png

    • SiriusHoward [2825287]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 10
    • Posts: 802
    • Karma: 111
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 23:44:34 - 26/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Alexander, just call me Alex though. I'm from LA. My parents were absolute s*it to me, and I came here not just to save the world, but to find friends and potentially a relationship with someone." I would slowly eat, waiting for a response.
    • strange2 [68827]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 75
    • Posts: 803
    • Karma: 639
    • Last Action: 48 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 23:47:36 - 26/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Strange nodded as Ochoa commented on the difficulty of their task. "Yeah, I didn't really figure on how the sand blows around." Strange said, making a sort of wavy gesture with his free hand. "And rocks don't really hold prints, uh, at all. I guess we are looking for dried out goop residue?" 

    Strange stared blankly across the desert. He was really more comfortable with his foes coming to him, or being in a known location. He certainly wasn't really a tracker. He did a sort of cursory walk around of the entrance, inspecting the bushes and cacti in the area.

    "I've seen in movies that people look for broken branches. That certainly sounds good, but a lot of these have broken branches. " Strange said with a sort of mild defeat in his voice. He took a long swig of wine, and threw the now empty bottle over his shoulder. It clattered off a mesquite bush into the thin sand beneath.
    • Wood [2175573]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 80
    • Posts: 2622
    • Karma: 1205
    • Last Action: 31 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 01:10:22 - 27/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    “Yeah. Let me see if they can supply us with someone who specializes in that kind of stuff. Meanwhile, we’ll send Alysia back with the wounded. She has courses and trainings to get too and I don’t want her spending all her time out in the desert.” Ochoa responded to strange.

    ————-

    Gail shrugged.

    ”Fair enough goals. I know relationships between those with powers happens. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn’t. After all, our curses can get the better of us as well.” Gail commented as she took sips of her drink.

    ”Did you consider what kind of assignments you’d like to do after you graduate? Like rescue, humanitarian aid, justice system stuff…?” She inquired of Alex.

    https://profileimages.torn.com/265895ca-48b6-c052-2175573.png

    • SiriusHoward [2825287]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 10
    • Posts: 802
    • Karma: 111
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 01:13:09 - 27/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Combat, specifically anything offense related. You?"
    • strange2 [68827]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 75
    • Posts: 803
    • Karma: 639
    • Last Action: 48 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 01:19:29 - 27/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Strange again nodded. "Yeah, that sounds alright. Once she's off, maybe we should see if there are any marking on those goopy tanks down there? May have some hint for what we are dealing with. "
    • Wood [2175573]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 80
    • Posts: 2622
    • Karma: 1205
    • Last Action: 31 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 03:00:23 - 27/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    “Not quite decided yet. My power does have combat potential, but the humanitarian aid could be better suited. Right now I’m just studying hard to prepare for one or the other.” She says. She then checks her phone.

    ”I have to head to a night class but I’ll see you later. Nice to chat with you Alex!” Gail commented.

    —————-

    Alysia grumbled as she came back into her room. The organization had conveniently left out the fact that she’d have more classes with others with powers. Luckily, most of her classmates had transferred to other BC training schools.

    ”Well, guess my first real day of training starts tomorrow. Not sure how much I’ll actually learn though.” She muttered over a ramen.

    https://profileimages.torn.com/265895ca-48b6-c052-2175573.png

    • SiriusHoward [2825287]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 10
    • Posts: 802
    • Karma: 111
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 03:11:11 - 27/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "You too, Gail! See you later." I would put my earbuds in and listen to some hyperpop before going to my apartment.
    • strange2 [68827]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 75
    • Posts: 803
    • Karma: 639
    • Last Action: 48 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 03:28:37 - 27/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    *Strange watched the helicopter take back off, carrying the young trainee. He watched the chopper go for awhile, before it faded into the sinking sun. She had seemed nice enough, he supposed. He did some math in his head. Here to SF would take it at least an hour, maybe more. Then they'd need to mobilize a tracker, get him on a chopper, and back out here. By then it would be dark, maybe. He didn't actually know what time it was, normally it didn't matter to him. But he suspected that tracking would be hard at night, and that the trail would be worse by the morning. 

    It didn't seem good, but Strange was also enjoying being outside. Both literally out in the winds of the day, and also just outside his normal life. He was starting to feel a little dry though. He stretched and rolled his shoulders, then turned back to the entrance to the bunker.

    "If you'd like to go poke around with the tanks Ochoa, I can keep watch up here. Although, I suppose it might also be wise to stick together just in case. "
    • SiriusHoward [2825287]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 10
    • Posts: 802
    • Karma: 111
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 03:38:22 - 27/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    After around two hours, I would go down to Gerfaut's office and knock to see if he was there, having a few questions.
    • MrAngelo [2733995]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 25
    • Posts: 279
    • Karma: 189
    • Last Action: 2 hours
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 03:49:51 - 27/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    The door swung open to reveal the doctor hunched over a stack of paperwork, a fresh cut on his hand. A skeletal hand closed the door as Alex entered, returning to scribbling complex formulas on a chalkboard. The doctor looked up from his work.

    "Alex. Good to see you out of bed, child. What can I do for you?"
    • SiriusHoward [2825287]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 10
    • Posts: 802
    • Karma: 111
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 03:54:57 - 27/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "I have a few questions. First, when am I expected in your class again? Second, what exactly will you do about those two a**holes next time they pick on someone? And third, well..." I would show him the official article of that prophecy that popped up circa 2000, wondering if it could be me or if it was just BS. "Now don't go shutting me down this second, because you've been here longer than most of us, so I'm assuming you have a lot of knowledge from past events."
    • MrAngelo [2733995]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 25
    • Posts: 279
    • Karma: 189
    • Last Action: 2 hours
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 04:14:44 - 27/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Regarding the first, your schedule should tell you that. The second,  other than recommending their immediate expulsion from the program, my hands are tied. The Organization keeps far too close an eye on me for any off-campus solutions. The third is a load of bullshiesse. I remember the article well- our website was hacked by some extremist cult group in Arizona."
    • SiriusHoward [2825287]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 10
    • Posts: 802
    • Karma: 111
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 04:17:41 - 27/11/22 (2 months ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "If it was, they wouldn't have known s*it about us, and look at the dating. 2045 was when it said it'd be fulfilled."
Reply
Thread Title: