Heroes and Villains of Torn City - Page 3 | Roleplay | TORN
Heroes and Villains of Torn City
  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 17 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 12:01:30 - 13/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    (Well I done goofed up. Let's ignore this bit.)
    Last edited by Yazi on 20:49:14 - 13/09/21

  • HOGS dont_oof_me [2705920]dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 13
    • Posts: 297
    • Karma: 73
    • Last Action: 12 days
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 15:14:57 - 13/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    OOC: i was calling Dark's Character XD
  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 19:22:09 - 13/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Vain had woke up and decided to head out for a while. She sat on the roof in her armor. Then she heard a ringing, and checked. 'Unidentified number' it read. Vain answered, her voice, once again, muffled and distorted by the helm's broken speaker. "Hello?" she inquired. No need to be rude.
  • HOGS dont_oof_me [2705920]dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 13
    • Posts: 297
    • Karma: 73
    • Last Action: 12 days
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 19:30:54 - 13/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "This is Shane Callan. Have you considered the offer? And do you have a better name than 'The Hidden One'? It's a friggin' mouthful."
    Shane was on edge after the little chase. He needed to up his security, and this guy could be the key to that.
  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 23:58:14 - 13/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "I have. I am intrigued by the offer, thus I am inclined to agree. However, I do wish to know what I will be gaining. And Vain will do," she replied.
  • HOGS dont_oof_me [2705920]dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 13
    • Posts: 297
    • Karma: 73
    • Last Action: 12 days
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 00:02:34 - 14/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Okay, Vain. You will be given an uptown luxury apartment, free of charge. You will be given 25 thousand dollars a month, with additional pay for various tasks. Transportation will be provided at your beck and call. All for the low low price of undivided loyalty to me and my... ambitions." Shane poured himself another Jameson's and downed it. "So, do you agree to these terms?"
  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 17 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 00:38:29 - 14/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    The Angel sat, watching the coastline. Waves crashed against the shore, retreating after a few seconds.
    The Angel's forearm vibrated, and they held it up, checking the caller.
    "Affiliate." The text read.
    Angel answered, seeing Huxley's face fill the screen.

    "Hello, Louis! Is that your name today?"
    "I don't need a name today," The Angel replied. "But hello."
    "Hello right back, Angel! How are the augments?"
    "They work. Think you could fit me with another?"
    "Not yet, my dear boy. Maybe in a few days, when your body will be ready for them."
    "Then why did you call?"
    "To say hello! I'm the closest thing you have to a friend!"
    "There's always other people."
    "Don't be like that, Angel."
    "I will be. Bye for now."
    "Byeeeeee-"

    The Fallen Angel hung up, watching the coastline again.

  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 03:10:56 - 14/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "I see. I am fine with the 25 thousand a month, but I can do without the other perks. While I cannot promise my undivided loyalty, I am willing to work for you. May I make this official, Mr. Callan?" asked Vain respectfully.
  • HOGS dont_oof_me [2705920]dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 13
    • Posts: 297
    • Karma: 73
    • Last Action: 12 days
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 12:13:08 - 14/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "If you say so. As long as you complete the tasks I put before you, you will be paid. Can you make it here to my office in 10?"
  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 19:11:57 - 14/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Ten minutes? No. I can be there in twenty-five, " said Vain.
    Last edited by DCDark4 on 19:12:14 - 14/09/21
  • HOGS dont_oof_me [2705920]dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 13
    • Posts: 297
    • Karma: 73
    • Last Action: 12 days
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 19:32:19 - 14/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "that is fine. I will tell my doorman to expect you." Shane was a little drunk, but he had most of his reasoning still intact. He sat and began contemplating what Vain's first task would be.
    He had an excellent idea.
  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 23:48:40 - 14/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Vain sighed, standing up. She took a deep breathe and started towards the office building. A little over twenty minutes later, she stood at the steps of the building. She knocked, and awaited an answer.
  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 4 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 00:06:26 - 15/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Granny noticed that Vain was gone, but wasn't surprised.  The girl could come and go freely from her apartment, and she knew that she could take care of herself.  Still, she had a nagging concern over Vain considering the offer from the well-known gangster.  She finished some morning chores and then decided to transform into her feline form to do some sleuthing.  Going to her room, she chanted the magic words, and spun three times clockwise, as her human form shrunk smaller and smaller, and her furry self materialized.  "Meow!" she called to herself glancing her reflection in the mirror.  She left her bedroom window cracked open just enough to perch on the ledge and crawl down the fire escape into the city.
    Last edited by smooshmc on 20:23:46 - 15/09/21

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • HOGS dont_oof_me [2705920]dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 13
    • Posts: 297
    • Karma: 73
    • Last Action: 12 days
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 01:29:27 - 15/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Vain was brought into Shane's office. Shane went straight to business. "Do you agree to be paid 25 thousand a month in exchange for your service, but not loyalty, to my causes and ambitions?" Shane poured another whiskey and began sipping at it. "I guess I should've offered you a drink."
  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 03:13:30 - 15/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "I can agree to those terms, yes. And that is fine, I'm not big on alcohol," she replied. It was true, she had never cared for the tastes or smells of any alcohol she had encountered.
  • HOGS dont_oof_me [2705920]dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 13
    • Posts: 297
    • Karma: 73
    • Last Action: 12 days
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 15:46:02 - 15/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Alright. Now, I have a task for you. I need you to run surveillance on this guy." He showed Vain a picture taken by a security camera of the guy who broke up the execution. "Do not interact with them. I need you to collect as much info as you can, as we know zilch about him. Think you can do that Mr. 'Hidden One'?" Shane gulped down the last of his whiskey.
  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 4 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 18:23:02 - 15/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Granny found the building where Vain had gone to.  She prowled the halls silently, dodging passers by with the stealth of a ninja cat.  Then she heard Shane's voice.  She held her breath and listened from the hall.
    Last edited by smooshmc on 20:23:27 - 15/09/21

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 19 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 19:02:57 - 15/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "I believe I can, sir, yes," replied Vain, taking the photo and studying it.
  • HOGS dont_oof_me [2705920]dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • dont_oof_me [2705920]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 13
    • Posts: 297
    • Karma: 73
    • Last Action: 12 days
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 19:13:07 - 15/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Okay, then why are you sitting there? Go try and track him down." Shane was yelling, a sign that he was a little drunk.
  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 4 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 20:24:55 - 15/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Granny hissed instinctively as the man bellowed at Vain. That is NOT a fellow I wish to tangle with, she thought.  She padded silently around the hall, until she saw Vain leave his office.  Then she raced after the girl to see where her next destination would be.  She felt protective over Vain, and while she knew she couldn't sway the girl's decisions, wanted to look after her.

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

Reply
Thread Title: