The Dragon War - Page 2 | Roleplay | TORN
The Dragon War
  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 17 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 19:00:18 - 03/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Now the time had come for the feast. Each clan filed into the elegant dining hall of Castle Xicel. The walls were simple, smooth stone, finished with a cathedral ceiling arching across between them. The Lieutenant stood at the end of the hall, at the base of several short, deep steps. At the top of those steps was a long table, covered in a draping crimson red silk cloth.
    "Officers, you know where to have your Runners sit," he said.
    Each officer led their clan to one of the four long tables. Dioa, Swinta, Rhimule, and Quintly had their crowds sit before being seated themselves. The dark wooden tables looked beautiful under the light of the lit chandeliers hanging from the high ceiling. They had already been lined with dozens of platters of steaming foods. "Tomorrow will mark another Trial, and the day after, the same. Few of you will pass all three Trials. For now, in preparation for tomorrow's Trial, we feast, to your success in today's test of your endurance." With the last line, he raised his glass. Everybody in the hall repeated the gesture, and then the hall was filled with the commotion of dining and visiting.
    Last edited by DCDark4 on 21:36:03 - 03/09/21
  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 38 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 04:27:08 - 04/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Raising her glass, Kismet toasted the success of the participants that made it past the first hurdle.  She was famished, and eagerly fed upon the delicious foods and beverages provided.  Conversations were happening all around her, but, being the introvert she was, she merely listened and kept to herself.  A few tables over, she recognized the young woman who had waved to her atop the hill.  She stood out, not only for her appearance, but because she was one of the few other female competitors.  Based upon the turnout, one might assume that Dragon Riding was intended for males only.  "Bah to that," Kismet said to herself.

    "Excuse me, girl?" the fellow next to her questioned. "Are you talking to me?"
    "Oh, no... no, so sorry," she said in a quieter tone. "Just talking to myself."
    The man looked at her strangely, and inched down the bench away from her.

    Kismet shrunk a bit, making herself appear less noticeable among the boisterous crowd.

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 18 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 06:56:28 - 04/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Jace opened his door to a few poorly dressed people holding daggers.
    "Time is up, Mister Michigan."
    Jace sighed, rolling his eyes.
    "Degenerates like you belong on a cross." Jace said.
    "And you, a grave. Give us a reason not to kill you."
    Jace grabbed the dagger from the front one's hand and grabbed them, holding them as a meatshield, the dagger against their throat.
    "This enough reason?"
    The man elbowed Jace, and Jace let them go, taking a step back. He threw the dagger into the man's head, before ripping it out and turning it on the other two.
    "Now then. Let's not dirty my coat here."
    The other two glared at Jace and stormed off, taking the body with them.

  • NOOB AkiraDawn [2141091]AkiraDawn [2141091]
    • AkiraDawn [2141091]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 75
    • Posts: 463
    • Karma: 295
    • Last Action: Now
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 17:48:26 - 04/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Bronwyn had never seen the likes of a feast such this! She'd only read about them in the fairytale books her father had taught her to read.  They'd sit close to the fire, be it a cool day or warm, and he'd shown her the letters. Then words, and soon whole sentences. She knew how rare it was to be able to read at all, let alone as a woman. Her father had cautioned her no to make the ability common knowledge, and so she hadn't. She was a farmer's girl and that was that. 

    Inquisitive green eyes, wild brown hair always wrangled into twin braids. Freckles across the bridge of her nose. She had helped raise the pigs that now adorned this table with apples in their mouths. She was strong, able, and smart - more so than many of the boys and men around her gave her credit for. Luckily for her, she thought dubiously, she wasn't beautiful enough for them to really notice her. She blended with them, dirt often smudged on her cheek, plain homespun working clothes and boots just like a man would wear.

    Her mother had chided her endlessly about the pants, but they all knew she would never be a proper lady. As the first of six siblings, the best she could hope for to be married off or some such. At age 23 she was pretty sure her mother had given up. She knew she was being called an Old Maid in the village, and that suited her just fine. She broke bread and clinked mugs with the others, laughing at the same old bawdy jokes that always ended up being told in the local watering hole.
    Last edited by AkiraDawn on 17:57:37 - 04/09/21

  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 17 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 04:14:10 - 06/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Alright," called the Lieutenant. "The feast is over, and you all shall be off to your chambers. You have a very long task ahead of you for the second Trial." With that, the officers began directing the Trial Runners out of the hall and down the corridors to their respective chambers.

    Dioa left the quarters for about twenty minutes. Upon his return, he sought out Kismet. Most of the competitors were still up and about in the well-lit chamber. Once he found her, Dioa held a pair of shoes up to her. "These are yours," he said, patiently holding them out to her.

    Swinta found his clan mostly tired from the Trial and extraordinary feast. "Torch's going out in fifteen," he called to the Runners.
  • NOOB AkiraDawn [2141091]AkiraDawn [2141091]
    • AkiraDawn [2141091]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 75
    • Posts: 463
    • Karma: 295
    • Last Action: Now
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 04:27:30 - 06/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Returning to their bunkroom, Bronwyn was faced with a peculiar problem...she hadn't brought anything with her. She turned and saw everyone else kicking off their shoes and shucking their pants and shirts. She wasn't willing to go that far to be 'just one of the guys' so she removed her boots...and decided she'd just sleep in her clothes.

    She climbed up into her bunk, ignoring the dark look from her lower bunk neighbor, and pulled a cookie from her pocket that she'd swiped just before the feast ended. She ate quietly in the dark, missing her family. A few tears escaped as she wondered if she'd ever see them again...if being one of the first dragon riders was really worth it.

    Burying her face in her pillow, she fell into a fitful sleep full of worrying dreams.

  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 18 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 06:46:56 - 06/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Jace moved back to his chair, sitting down again. He grabbed one of the letters he'd received a while ago.
    Something about dragons, it said. And need for people.
    "Hope I'm not that late," He said.
    Grabbing his bow, quiver and a few arrows, He stepped outside into the cold night. Hopefully he could get there quick enough. Then again... if he got there too quick, he'd have to wait. Gods, he hated waiting.

  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 38 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 16:13:29 - 06/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Kismet was humbled by Officer Dioa's offering.  "Thank you, Sir.  I deeply appreciate this."  She clung to the shoes, tucking them beneath her pillow as she retired for the evening.  She was determined to give her all and earn one of the coveted Dragon Rider spots to be had.  As she drifted off, strange dreams came to her.  She could see herself soaring through the clouds, feeling peaceful.  But suddenly there were bursts of fire all around her and people falling through the sky to their deaths.  She felt frozen with fear, and unable to save them.  What does that mean?

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • NOOB AkiraDawn [2141091]AkiraDawn [2141091]
    • AkiraDawn [2141091]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 75
    • Posts: 463
    • Karma: 295
    • Last Action: Now
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 19:07:07 - 06/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Bronwyn gets a glazed look in her eyes and will be an NPC for a couple weeks! (break time! Please don't kill her off by accident 8) )

  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 17 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 19:57:06 - 06/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link

    AkiraDawn [2141091]

    Bronwyn gets a glazed look in her eyes and will be an NPC for a couple weeks! (break time! Please don't kill her off by accident 8) )
    (Thank you for the helpful information! We won't kill her off!)
  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 17 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 06:11:32 - 07/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    The night was peaceful for many, yet fitful for several as well. The morning's arrival heralded a new Trial. One that the Lieutenant felt deserved a lavish morning meal before the Trial would even be explained.
    "Officers," said the Lieutenant. The officers each gave a nod and led their sleepy clans to the tables to get a good meal in before the second Trial.
  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 38 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 16:31:47 - 07/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Kismet had a restless sleep due to vivid, tormenting dreams.  She sat up in bed and remembered her new shoes.  Reaching beneath her pillow, she grabbed the pair and slipped them on her feet.  A perfect fit!  Her clothing was a bit wrinkled, so she smoothed it over with her hands before heading with the others to breakfast.  There was so much chatter and excitement, participants guessing at what the next trial might be.  She silently listened and observed the others.  She noticed small details, such as who was left handed, or that there were few red-headed competitors.  The day should prove challenging, that much she was anticipating.  She tried not to fill up on too much food in case she needed energy, and decided to juice load instead.

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 17 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 23:21:23 - 15/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Now that everyone has had a filled their stomachs, I shall explain the second Trial. You will have to travel many miles to a village to retrieve an item from a merchant. The journey will be treacherous, so you must be warned, that once you leave, we may not find you again. Your trek begins in thirty minutes. Best of luck to you all," finished the Lieutenant, sitting once again.
  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 17 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 00:31:23 - 20/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    The officers gathered their clans and moved them into their bunks to prepare for departure. Everyone seemed frantic for the most part.
  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 18 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 02:02:27 - 20/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Jace walked through the streets, keeping an eye out for any more thugs, extorters, or anything else dangerous. Chances are, his time was up and he'd have to return home.
    God, he hated walking.

  • NOOB AkiraDawn [2141091]AkiraDawn [2141091]
    • AkiraDawn [2141091]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 75
    • Posts: 463
    • Karma: 295
    • Last Action: Now
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 00:06:31 - 22/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Bronwyn squeaked at the news of their next trial. She'd never even left the village before! How would she know what direction to go in? Were they supposed to go by themselves, or could they help each other? How many items were there, really - was this a race?

    It was easy enough to evade the officers as they herded all the would-be dragon riders off to their bunks. She just grabbed a broom and appeared like a busy maid until their footsteps faded on the flagstones and she was relatively alone.

    Questions burned in her mind but she knew one thing, food and water was going to be important. So, even though she'd already eaten her fill of meats, cheeses, bread and wine, she returned to the dining hall. She found a burlap sack and threw non-perishables into it. Fruits, breads, hard cheeses, smoked meats and even a couple wine skins.

    She tucked the sack under her shift, tying it in place and hunching to help hide it before she returned to the bunkroom to see what's what. Heading off in the wrong direction wasn't a good plan, as much as her feet itched to just start moving.

  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 17 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 04:26:54 - 24/09/21 (28 days ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Alright, five minutes remain. Hurry up," called the officer. Every officer gave their clan a call similar to this.
  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 38 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 05:16:52 - 24/09/21 (28 days ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Kismet rushed to put her new shoes on, and meet up with her team at the designated point.  She was feeling ready for the next challenge, and eager to forge her way to the head of the pack.  While she had no idea what was to come, she knew she had nothing to lose.

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • NOOB AkiraDawn [2141091]AkiraDawn [2141091]
    • AkiraDawn [2141091]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 75
    • Posts: 463
    • Karma: 295
    • Last Action: Now
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 05:42:43 - 24/09/21 (28 days ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Bronwyn realized that clans were apparently grouping together? She moved to join hers, then waited to see what was going to happen next.

  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 17 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 23:17:08 - 25/09/21 (27 days ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Everybody lined up in the courtyard, shoulder to shoulder. There was a small gap between clans. The Lieutenant walked across the cobbled stones, looking at each Trial Runner. "Only those of you who arrive back in eighteen hours' time will be permitted to stay for the Third and final Trial," he declared, halting once he reached the middle again. "You are travelling to a village in the far north of Rytela, Zouv. When you've arrived in Zouv, you must find Ghan, an aged merchant, and request the Item of Xicel. You are only provided a map. Officers, allow the contestants their maps."
    Each of the officers started handing out maps to each of the Trial Runners.
    "Your time begins when the clock strikes 600," said the Lieutenant in finality. He turned to watch the grand clock as it ticked slowly towards 6 am. Then, the clock struck...
    Last edited by DCDark4 on 03:34:40 - 01/10/21
Reply
Thread Title: