Wood's Tavern - Page 145 | Roleplay | TORN
Wood's Tavern
  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 17 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 22:58:08 - 19/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Roger that," Ulysses said. "Just finishing up here."
    Ulysses ran out of the safehouse waving a detonator. He quickly jumped into the car and drove away with the others inside.
    "Watch this," He said, smirking.
    Pressing the button on the detonator, the safehouse... exploded.
    What did you expect? It's a detonator!
    Ulysses started driving the car back to the base.
    "Now then," He started. "What do you know, Western?"

    ~~~~~~~~
    Cockatoo took out the USB and put it back with the others. She then walked over to Glyph and took the cord out.
    "There we go, hun," She said. "You've got the parkour skills of a person who's been training for 2000 years!"

    Yazi's eyes fluttered, opening after a bit. He yawned, rubbing his eyes.
    "F*cking hell," He said. "That was an out of body experience..."
    "You can say that again. Weird as hell."
    Yazi looked over at the person in the other chair. A woman with messy, short blonde hair covering one eye was there, wearing just what Yazi was wearing. She had green eyes, although the left eye's whites were darkened.
    "Oh hi!" She said. "I exist now."
    Yazi grinned, getting up. He helped up his female counterpart and gave her a high five.
    "What name are we giving you?" He asked.
    "Hmmm... Jane instead of John, for one. You know, Jane Doe and all that. And, uh... just reverse the last names and that'll do."
    "No, I mean codename."
    "Oh. Well, that's a different matter."

    Yazi snapped his fingers.
    "Buzzkill."
    "Does this mean I need to use saws?" She asked, jokingly.
    Yazi laughed, turning around to Cockatoo and Glyph.
    "The augments happened, or...?"
    "It's done," Cockatoo said.
    Last edited by Yazi on 07:19:20 - 20/09/21

  • TGL Bloxman [2705583]Bloxman [2705583]
    • Bloxman [2705583]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 9
    • Posts: 56
    • Karma: 4
    • Last Action: 17 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 08:40:19 - 20/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Nick looked at the explosion and said "AWESOME!"

    "Ok back to the information, what do you know?"
  • AVAL Radmegazoom [2711773]Radmegazoom [2711773]
    • Radmegazoom [2711773]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 5
    • Posts: 81
    • Karma: 0
    • Last Action: 6 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 15:14:45 - 20/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Looks at percy* “do you have any water?”
  • AVAL Radmegazoom [2711773]Radmegazoom [2711773]
    • Radmegazoom [2711773]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 5
    • Posts: 81
    • Karma: 0
    • Last Action: 6 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 15:20:44 - 20/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Takes out a first aid kit and starts to mend wounds flinching from time to time because my hands are shaking so badly that my fingers bump my open wounds*
  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 4 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 16:25:28 - 20/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Nona grabbed her tools and headed to the first room to clean.  It was empty, and not too unkempt.  She hummed while she worked, feeling pride in being useful to Percy & Anne.  As she moved to the next room, she saw a Do Not Disturb sign on the door.  Okay then, she thought.  Moseying further down the hall to room 13, she found the door slightly ajar.  She knocked.  "Housekeeping." she called in a friendly voice.  No answer.  She pushed the door open a bit more.  "Housekeeping.  Anyone home?"  No answer still.  Finally, she opened the door fully and spotted a female unconscious on the floor next to a bottle of scattered pills.  "Oh no!"  Nona ran to the woman, feeling for a pulse.  The bottle read "Xanax".  The woman was unresponsive, so she ran to the phone and dialed 9-1-1.  Then she called the main bar to alert Percy and Anne.  Always tragic to see another overdose!

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 15 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 19:29:48 - 20/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Yes we do, sir. Would you like a glass?" replied Percy. Then the in-establishment phone rang. He recognized the number as one of the rooms and answered. "Hello?"

    Glyph stood up, a bit shaky. She stood for a moment and let the shaking go away, then she tried walking on the wall. She was somewhat successful, but fell after a few moments. Hopping up, Glyph smiled. She offered her hand to Buzzkill. "I'm Glyph," she stated.
  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 17 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 20:52:45 - 20/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Figured that," Buzzkill said, smiling. "I'm Buzzkill. Or Jane. Or... f*ck it, I don't know."
    Yazi hid a smile, happy to see what had happened.
    "Right then," Cockatoo said. "Now that that's all done with, I'd say you lot can leave. Unless, of course, Glyph wants a go with the machine. I predict not."

    ~~~~~~~~
    "Well," Western said. "I suppose you're after the local base."
    "Indeed," Ulysses replied. "Do you know where it is?"
    "Hmm...Under the ruined house, same street as the clothes shop."

  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 4 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 01:26:55 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Percy?" Nona's voice was shaky.  "A young woman has apparently OD'd in Room 13.  I called 9-1-1 before calling you.  I'm not sure what to do, or who she is.  Can you tell from the room assignments?"

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 15 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 03:21:41 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "No." The answer was almost immediate. Glyph could tell she answered too fast.

    "Um, looks like Elena Gray," said Percy.
  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 4 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 03:30:39 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    The paramedics arrived shortly after Nona learned the woman's name.  They hurried to get her strapped to a gurney.  She remained unconscious as they wheeled her out to the ambulance.  Nona said a silent blessing for her hopeful recovery.  Once the excitement was over, she continued to clean the room.  She found a slip of paper on the other side of the bed that had Duke's name on it and an overdue balance listed of $350,000.  Nona brought the slip to Percy, in case anyone came around looking for her.

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 17 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 03:54:30 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Fast," Cockatoo said. "Right then. Toodaloo!"
    Cockatoo ushered the three out of the workshop, getting back to whatever she was gonna work on.
    "I'll head to the car," Yazi said.
    "I got something to do first," Buzzkill said.

    She walked into the loungeroom and sat down next to the couch.
    "Yo," She said to Harvard. "Watcha watching?"
    "Anime," Harvard replied. "Or crime. I don't know."
    "That, my friend," Buzzkill said. "Is reality TV."
    Harvard was silent before switching the channel.
    "I presume you are Woman Yazi?"
    "Mhm. Buzzkill. Pleasure to meet you."
    "Hm. Right. You can go now."
    Buzzkill sighed, got up and went to the car.
    "Let's get this show on the road!" She said as the car took off.

    The car made it's way back home, parking outside.

  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 4 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 04:05:04 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Jenna hadn't heard from Mikhail since leaving Torn.  She was growing anxious, worrying if he was safe, wondering if there was any news on Xander's involvement with X-Corp.  She had no idea how to reach him, beyond calling Wood's Tavern and asking if he was there.  Things with Kyle were going perfectly.  They had grown quite close, and were very compatible.  Yet, it felt too right.  Everything Jenna had wished for, a normal life, relationship, existence.  But, something was missing.  Maybe she was meant to lead a dangerous life?

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 17 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 04:16:09 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Mikhail watched as his target sped away. Hopefully he could be left to his own devices for a bit. He still had to make progress on the X-Corp thing. Then again, was that really his business?
    Yes, he told himself, it was.
    Deciding now was as good a time as any, he pulled up his forearm and called Jenna.

  • TG DCDark4 [2213930]DCDark4 [2213930]
    • DCDark4 [2213930]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 20
    • Posts: 1654
    • Karma: 210
    • Last Action: 15 minutes
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 04:33:48 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Once inside, Glyph pulled the sweatshirt off, revealing a blue tank top. Sighing, she lopped down on the couch. She rested her head on the back of the couch, staring upward before closing her eyes.
  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 17 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 04:57:36 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Buzzkill stepped inside, heading over to Tempest immediately.
    "Guess who it is?" She said, giving her a hug.
    Yazi walked in after, heading upstairs to change into some better clothes. Clothes that didn't have his golden tears on them.

  • TGL Bloxman [2705583]Bloxman [2705583]
    • Bloxman [2705583]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 9
    • Posts: 56
    • Karma: 4
    • Last Action: 17 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 07:03:09 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Under the ruined house, and how do you think we will be able to get in there?" Nick asked.
  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 4 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 07:24:25 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "Hello?" Jenna answered her phone, leaving off her typical 'Jenna Parks' greeting.
    Hearing Mikhail's voice on the other end of the line, she was both shocked and relieved. "Where the heck have you been? It's been a few weeks since I left Torn. Are you okay? Any updates?" She realized she spewed a barrage of questions at him, then paused. "I'm sorry. It's just I've been worried about you."

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 17 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 07:34:31 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "I've been... busy," He said. "Trying to solve more than one problem at once."
    He looked up at the sky, sighing.
    "I've made literally no progress. XCorp has been staying private, and I mean ridiculously private. As in, they shoot anything that even looks threatening."

    ~~~~~~~~
    "It's easy. Just find the entrance," Western said. "It's an elevator door. There ARE other entrances, but they're heavily guarded."
    "As in..." Ulysses started.
    "As in automatic turrets and armed guards."
    "Sh*te."

  • HoD smooshmc [2649236]smooshmc [2649236]
    • smooshmc [2649236]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 39
    • Posts: 968
    • Karma: 743
    • Last Action: 4 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 07:45:14 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    "X-Corp is full of double-crossing, shady bastards.  I haven't heard back from Stanford or Gate.  They probably are too spooked to speak to me.  Likely under heavy surveillance by HQ."  Jenna tried to think about what they could do.  Even if Mikhail did find something, the corruption ran too deep in the organization, it seemed, to do anything about it.  "Listen, it's all good.  Just do what you need to do to stay safe.  Take care of your business, don't worry about mine.  But thanks, Mikhail."  Jenna hung up feeling defeated.  "F--k my life."

    2fccef99-7886-7565-2649236.gif

  • TGL Yazi [2139270]Yazi [2139270]
    • Yazi [2139270]
    • Role: Civilian
    • Level: 31
    • Posts: 2582
    • Karma: 582
    • Last Action: 17 hours
    • Quote
    • Report
      • 0
    • Reason:
      Are you sure you want to report this post to staff?
      Cancel
    Posted on 10:08:44 - 21/09/21 (1 month ago)
    Post link copied to clipboard Copy post link
    Mikhail went to speak, but sighed as Jenna hung up.
    "Damnit," He muttered.

Reply
Thread Title: