Thread created on 09:50:12 - 13/09/20 (1 year ago)
Last replied 23:43:45 - 03/11/20 (1 year ago)
I hate when people get tazed and the taser "knocks them unconscious" for any length of time. In reality, people recover in seconds and would only be knocked out if they hit their head as a result of falling from being tazed.
I also hate when people in shows put on a motorcycle helmet and fail to strap it on properly. Most real bikers are either going to wear it properly, or not at all. On TV, they almost never buckle the straps.
Incredibly stupid people. Like who constantly narrate out loud to themselves. “What do I do?” x5 There was one movie where the lead woman was a complete idiot, I spent most of my energy yelling at the tv screen.
How about "unloading a semi-auto pistol" by ejecting the magazine but failing to rack the slide to empty the chamber?
Or people who should be trained in gun handling with their finger on the trigger? For example, a military security person standing next to a metal detector with their finger on the trigger. I accept that many people might have their finger on the trigger, so it doesn't bother me if it's a homeowner or a bank robber, or an intense moment where someone might actually fire the weapon.
Or too many bullets? 23 rounds from a colt 1911? 11 rounds from a 6 shooter? It's just plain insulting to the audience.
Or cocking the weapon for the dramatic sound 5 minutes into the scene. Often, it's a shotgun which ejects no shell, meaning it was empty the whole time?!
Apparently, a lot of hollywood types don't know anything about guns or gun handling.
Sometimes I need to watch a little John Wick to recover. (so good)
When a gun can shoot through a metal door but not shoot through a wooden door where the door is not a real wooden door it is hollow in the center. Or it goes through a floor but not a wooden table. I can see some guns not being able to go through thick wood. But if the gun is ripping through something else but then not through wood. That and parking spots are always available.
Also people not realizing their breaks are cut before they drive off a cliff. And it seems like when they realize the breaks are out they do not try to turn the other way into the side off the cliff instead of down it. They just yell and point off of the cliff.
Also those pink pastry boxes (this is usually for Television.) but I have never seen them outside of Televisions and movies.
That and every bag of groceries has to have a baguette sticking out of it.
This is what I hate the most though I forgot to put it on. When there is a countdown and then when they are not showing the countdown it stops or slows down. or something because he you count on the same pace it was the countdown would be further along or the bomb would have exploded or the platform would have gone away making the people fall into the pit or whatever is supposed to hap[pen. And no time woggly things are supposed to be happening and it is not showing things in slow mo. I always count. I just watched something where the neutron bomb would have gone off three times over.
Also that and the three shots from different angles can get annoying.
Person 1:I just need to tell you about the real reason I came back here tonight..Person 2: hey do you hear that? Person 1: is that an alarm? Person 2: No, the microwave popcorn is done. Let's eat and forget everything...
1. I hate when shows are supposed to be based on reality some how and the characters do something that should get them in jail or severely injured or something and then they don't. Maybe they get arrested but then next episode the judge is like 'you're well liked so I won't out you in jail'. Or they're at the hosp and the doctor is like 'a few stiches and you'll be fine.'
2. Basically everything TBBT did.
3. Excessively cringe and preach SJW shows like Supergirl.
4. Shows with too many flashbacks. Eg Lost and Arrow
5. Shows that try to convince you that you should like annoying, purposeless characters. Eg Iris frim Flash and her even more annoying daughter.
5. Dark or edgy remakes or reboots of things that were never in that category.
6. The idea that shows are deep or dark because it covers heavy subject matters and that automatically makes it good.
7. Shows with rich characters that look cheap. / Shows with poor characters that look rich. Like if you're a wealthy family why are there only 3 sets? And if you're a working single mother with a deadbeat ex how do you live in a 4 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms, a kitchen And dining room? You and your kids wear layers and jewelry to match your 100 outfits. Everyone has a phone and tablet and you're always hiring a babysitter because you're always out on dates! How does that work?
8. Horror movies where the whole plot happens because the protagonist is mentally deficient. Eg Hush where a deaf-mute moves to the forest away from her family and in the middle of the night she leaves her door open for the cat to come in. But then her neighbour comes to her houses and she doesn't her her friend get murdered. The movie would be so good if the catalyst wasn't so stupid.
9. Horror movies that use 'music box music' or nursery rhymes. Nothing is is creepy about ring around the Rosie sang in a minor key at adagio.
10. Horror movies where the little kid is the villain or demon possessed. Like they're barely 4ft tall, just kill them.
11. Shows where kids are obviously too old for their character. Really, we're supposed to believe this 10yr old is 6, really?
12. Shows where the problem would be solved in minutes if someone were to just call the police.
Where the guy that is supposed to be the loneliest of loners (Usually a kid still in High school) always has a friend.
In game shows ones that only have like 15 minutes of the actual game but they stretch it out to an hour. Usually by fake suspense.
When they make smart characters like they are idiots because they do not know some pop culture thing. Where it would be obvious that the other person may be talking about something else. It may take them a moment but they should be able to observe a look and figure it out.
When a character is meant to be gaming, and they move about erratically and button mash the controller, makes it worse when its a game youv'e played and you know that button mashing isnt at all required.