Torn City Travel
From Torncity WIKI - The official help and support guide
Once you reach level 15 you are able to travel overseas by visiting the Travel agency in the City Center. You cannot do anything while you are traveling unless you also own a laptop. Each destination has a unique set of items that cannot be found in Torn City.
- Please note that items abroad have limited stocks which are restocked regularly, it is also hinted that there will be some items stocked irregularly in the future .
- Other players may see where you are traveling to on your profile page.
A Laptop allows you to:
- Check your Mail
- Check the Lowest Auction Bids for each Drug.
- Check the Cheapest and Most Expensive Market Prices for each Drug.
- Check the Lowest Auction Bids for each Item.
- Check the Cheapest and Most Expensive Market Prices for each Item.
- Check the current Stock Prices.
- View Newspaper stories, horoscopes, chronicles and other important newsworthy information.
- View and post in the Forums.
- View players profiles.
While using the laptop, you cannot:
- Check Faction and Companies profiles or apply to them.
- Check Bazaars and Display cabinets.
- View player images (which you can view if you log off)
|Standard||Airstrip||WLT benefit||Standard||Airstrip & WLT benefit|
|Mexico: Ciudad Juárez||20min||14min||?min||$6,500||$0|
|Cayman Islands: George Town||57min||40min||?min||$10,000||$0|
|Hawaii: Honolulu||2h 1min||1h 25min||?min||$11,000||$0|
|United Kingdom: London||2h 32min||1h 47min||?min||$18,000||$0|
|Switzerland: Zurich||2h 49min||1h 58min||?min||$27,000||$0|
|Argentina: Buenos Aires||3h 9min||2h 13min||?min||$21,000||$0|
|Japan: Tokyo||3h 23min||2h 22min||?min||$32,000||$0|
|China: Beijing||3h 39min||2h 33min||?min||$35,000||$0|
|United Arab Emirates: Dubai||4h 19min||3h 1min||?min||$32,000||$0|
|South Africa: Johannesburg||5h 11min||3h 37min||?min||$40,000||$0|
Note that the Airstrip and WLT benefit don't stack. So you can travel via an Airstrip in around 2/3 of the Standard Time and carry +10 extra items, OR you can travel via private jet (WLT benefit) in around 1/2 of the Standard Time and also has the same +10 items bonus as an Airstrip as of the 02/03/12 update to travel .
The default number of items that you may carry home from a destination is five per visit. There are upgrades that allow you to increase the number of items that you can carry.
- Suitcases are available for purchase in Hawaii: Small ($2,000,000) - 2 additional items; Medium ($4,000,000) - 3 additional items; Large ($10,000,000) - 4 additional items. Only the biggest one will be used.
- Adding an Airstrip and pilot to your property will allow you to carry 10 additional items.
- The 5 Star Cruise Agency Job Special adds an extra 2 items.
- The Cumber faction special adds 1 item per upgrade, to a maximum of 5
The maximum number of items that you can carry, with all of the above upgrades, is 26.
- The name of several flight locations (cities) were inexplicably changed with the travel update on 02/03/12. This was presumably due to the locations they calculated new travel times to . The old names and travel times may be seen in the history of this page 
Articles Relating to City Locations