Torn City Nerve
From Torncity WIKI - The official help and support guide
Nerve is needed for many aspects of the game, notably doing Crimes; it regenerates at the rate of 1 nerve every 5 minutes until it reaches your maximum nerve bar. Other ways to increase your nerve gain are through using certain Drugs, drinking alcohol bottles, spending 25 points on a refill or spending Job points on nerve.
What Nerve is needed for
- As stated, Nerve is needed for Crimes. Usually the more difficult the crime is, the more nerve it takes (with some exceptions).
- Nerve is also used for Busting yourself out of Jail at a cost of half of your total nerve bar. If your nerve bar is an odd number it is rounded down; e.g. if you have a 35 nerve bar, it will take 17 nerve to bust out of jail. It is also not always successful busting yourself out of jail. Note: You no longer gain dexterity when busting yourself out of jail.
- Your natural nerve bar reflects your crime experience and allows you to attempt harder crimes.
- Organised crimes in Factions can require high crime experience and therefore a high nerve bar, however these crimes do not use up your own nerve.
Ways to increase your Nerve bar
- The main way to increase your nerve bar is through doing Crimes; this both increases your experience and your nerve bar size and is the most effective method, and can increase your nerve bar in 5 point steps up to 45 total. These points are often referred to as your "natural nerve bar".
- Spending Merits on your nerve bar allows you to increase your maximum nerve bar by up to 10 extra points.
- Joining a Faction with either the Gallant Faction upgrades. Gallant increases your nerve bar by 1 per Gallant upgrade (up to a maximum of 5).
- Job specials in 5 star meat warehouses and amusement parks can increase your maximum nerve by 3. Job points in 1 star firework stands, meat warehouses or amusement parks can be exchanged for nerve, this 1 star nerve special is not a permanent increase but can increase current nerve beyond your maximum and won't disappear until used.
- Additional information: The maximum nerve bar you can get is 63.
- Nerve bar strength and crime experience is also increased by busting others out of jail. It is unclear exactly how busting higher levels or longer jail times affects that.
- For 25 points you can refill your nerve bar. You can access this by clicking [Use] next to Points on the sidebar. As with the energy refill, you can only refill your nerve bar once a day.
- Alcohol bottles can be bought from shops or other players to replenish your nerve bar, these count towards your booster cooldown.
Increasing Crime Success Rate
- Joining a faction with Enormity upgrades increases crime success rate by an unknown multiplier.
- Some Education courses offer an increase in crime success rate, including the Psychology Bachelor.
- The Crime Points merit upgrades increase your crime success ability by 3% per upgrade, up to 30% at 10/10 upgrades.
- Own the Crime Enhancer for a particular crime.