Torn City Travel
From Torncity WIKI - The official help and support guide
Once you reach level 15 you are able to travel overseas by visiting the Travel agency in the City Center. You cannot do anything while you are traveling unless you also own a laptop. Each destination has a unique set of items that cannot be found in Torn City.
- Please note that items abroad have limited stocks which are restocked regularly, it is also hinted that there will be some items stocked irregularly in the future .
- Other players may see where you are traveling to on your profile page.
A Laptop allows you to:
- Check your Mail
- Check the current Stock Prices.
- View Newspaper stories, horoscopes, chronicles and other important newsworthy information.
- View and post in the Forums.
- View player profiles.
- Programme a Virus.
While using the laptop, you cannot:
- Check Faction or Company profiles or apply to them.
- Check player Bazaars or Display cabinets, nor view detailed stats about them.
- View player images (which you can view if you log off)
|Standard||Airstrip||WLT benefit||Business class||Standard||Airstrip & WLT benefit||Business class|
|Mexico: Ciudad Juárez||26min||18min||13min||8min||$6,500||$0||Business class ticket x1|
|Cayman Islands: George Town||35min||25min||18min||11min||$10,000||$0||Business class ticket x1|
|Canada: Toronto||41min||29min||20min||12min||$9,000||$0||Business class ticket x1|
|Hawaii: Honolulu||2h 14min||1h 34min||1h 7min||40min||$11,000||$0||Business class ticket x1|
|United Kingdom: London||2h 39min||1h 51min||1h 20min||48min||$18,000||$0||Business class ticket x1|
|Argentina: Buenos Aires||2h 47min||1h 57min||1h 23min||50min||$21,000||$0||Business class ticket x1|
|Switzerland: Zurich||2h 55min||2h 3min||1h 28min||53min||$27,000||$0||Business class ticket x1|
|Japan: Tokyo||3h 45min||2h 38min||1h 53min||1h 8min||$32,000||$0||Business class ticket x1|
|China: Beijing||4h 2min||2h 49min||2h 1min||1h 12min||$35,000||$0||Business class ticket x1|
|United Arab Emirates: Dubai||4h 31min||3h 10min||2h 15min||1h 21min||$32,000||$0||Business class ticket x1|
|South Africa: Johannesburg||4h 57min||3h 28min||2h 29min||1h 29min||$40,000||$0||Business class ticket x1|
The default number of items that you may carry home from a destination is five per visit. There are upgrades that allow you to increase the number of items that you can carry.
- Suitcases are available for purchase in Hawaii: Small ($2,000,000) - 2 additional items; Medium ($4,000,000) - 3 additional items; Large ($10,000,000) - 4 additional items. Only the biggest one will be used. Suitcases do not stack.
- Adding an Airstrip and pilot to your property OR owning a WLT benefit block will allow you to carry 10 additional items. These do not stack.
- The 5 Star Lingerie Store gives Job special adds an extra 2 items
- The 3 and 10 star Cruise Line Agency Job Specials add an extra 2 and 3 items respectively. i.e. They stack.
- The Cumber faction special adds 1 item per upgrade up to a maximum of 10.
- Book : Smuggling For Beginners, Increases travel items by 10 for 31 days.
The maximum number of items that you can carry is 44.
With the travel update on 02/03/12, the names of several flight destinations were changed to different cities within the same country. This was presumably due to the new travel times they calculated to these locations . The old city names and travel times may be seen in the history of this page 
With the same 02/03/12 update to travel, flight times with a property Airstrip were increased slightly from 2/3rds to 70% of Standard (in addition to the adjustments to Standard flight times to all destinations). Also, prior to the update the WLT benefit only gave the 50% reduction to flight time; there was no +10 item carrying bonus.
Prior to the 02/03/12 update, a Laptop had additional functions allowing you to also:
- check the Lowest Auction Bids for each Drug.
- check the Cheapest and Most Expensive Market Prices for each Drug.
- check the Lowest Auction Bids for each Item.
- check the Cheapest and Most Expensive Market Prices for each Item.
16/04/13 Flight times have changed slightly, this was due to a repositioning of the physical location of Torn City in the world in preparation of a future update.
Articles Relating to City Locations