Torn City Nerve
From Torncity WIKI - The official help and support guide
Nerve is needed for many aspects of the game, notably doing Crimes; it regenerates at the rate of 1 nerve every 5 minutes until it reaches your maximum nerve bar. Other ways to increase your nerve gain are through using certain Drugs, drinking alcohol bottles, spending 25 points on a refill or spending Job points on nerve.
What Nerve is needed for
- As stated, Nerve is needed for Crimes. Usually the more difficult the crime is, the more nerve it takes (with some exceptions).
- Nerve is also used for Busting yourself out of Jail at a cost of half of your total nerve bar. If your nerve bar is an odd number it is rounded down; e.g. if you have a 35 nerve bar, it will take 17 nerve to bust out of jail. It is also not always successful busting yourself out of jail. Note: You no longer gain dexterity when busting yourself out of jail. You can also reduce the cost of nerve of busting yourself out of Jail by having completed education LAW2990
- Your natural nerve bar reflects your crime experience and allows you to attempt harder crimes.
- Organised crimes in Factions can require high crime experience and therefore a high nerve bar, however these crimes do not use up your own nerve.
- Nerve is now also used to bust people out of jail. The change to busting now takes level, total amount of busts you've made, the education you've completed with regards to busting and the the faction special 'Pertinent' which can increase busting skill by up to 50%.
Ways to increase your Nerve bar
- The main way to increase your nerve bar is through doing Crimes; this both increases your experience and your nerve bar size and is the most effective method, and can increase your nerve bar in 5 point steps up to 45 total. These points are often referred to as your "natural nerve bar".
- Spending Merits on your nerve bar allows you to increase your maximum nerve bar by up to 10 extra points.
- Joining a Faction with either the Gallant Faction upgrades. Gallant increases your nerve bar by 1 per Gallant upgrade (up to a maximum of 5).
- Job specials in 5 star meat warehouses and amusement parks can increase your maximum nerve by 3. Job points in 1 star firework stands, meat warehouses or amusement parks can be exchanged for nerve, this 1 star nerve special is not a permanent increase but can increase current nerve beyond your maximum and won't disappear until used.
- Additional information: The maximum nerve bar you can get is 63.
- Nerve bar strength and crime experience is also increased by busting others out of jail. It is unclear exactly how busting higher levels or longer jail times affects that.
- For 25 points you can refill your nerve bar. You can access this by clicking [Use] next to Points on the sidebar. As with the energy refill, you can only refill your nerve bar once a day.
- Alcohol bottles can be bought from shops or other players to replenish your nerve bar, these count towards your booster cooldown.
Increasing Crime Success Rate
- Joining a faction with Enormity upgrades increases crime success rate by an unknown multiplier.
- Some Education courses offer an increase in crime success rate, including the Psychology Bachelor.
- The Crime Points merit upgrades increase your crime success ability by 3% per upgrade, up to 30% at 10/10 upgrades.
- Own the Crime Enhancer for a particular crime.