Torn City Nerve
From Torncity WIKI - The official help and support guide
Nerve is needed for many aspects of the game, notably doing Crimes; it regenerates at the rate of 1 nerve every 5 minutes until it reaches your maximum nerve bar. Other ways to increase your nerve gain are through using certain Drugs, certain bottles (found in Halloween and Xmas town), spending 25 points or spending Job points on nerve.
What Nerve is needed for
- As stated, Nerve is needed for Crimes. Usually the more difficult the crime is, the more nerve it takes (with some exceptions).
- Nerve is also used for Busting yourself out of Jail at a cost of half of your total nerve bar. If your nerve bar is an odd number it is rounded down; e.g. if you have a 35 nerve bar, it will take 17 nerve to bust out of jail. It is also not always successful busting yourself out of jail. Note: You no longer gain dexterity when busting yourself out of jail.
- Your natural nerve bar can also give some indication of how experienced you are at crimes, and can often tell you when to move to harder crimes. It is also used by Factions for organized crimes.
Ways to increase your Nerve bar
- The main way to increase your nerve bar is through doing Crimes; this both increases your experience and your nerve bar size and is the most effective method, and can increase your nerve bar in 5 point steps up to 45 total. These points are often referred to as your "natural nerve bar".
- Spending Merits on your nerve bar allows you to increase your nerve bar by up to 10 extra points. You can also spend more merits to increase your crime experience, by up to 30%, so while this method is costly it is also effective.
- Join a Faction with either the Gallant and/or Enormity Faction upgrades. Gallant increases your nerve bar by 1 per Gallant rating (up to a total of 5), and Enormity increases crime success rate by an unknown multiplier.
- Job specials in 5 star meat warehouses and amusement parks can increase your maximum nerve by 3. Job points in 1 star firework stands, meat warehouses or amusement parks can be exchanged for nerve, this 1 star nerve special is not a permanent increase but can increase current nerve beyond your maximum and won't disappear until used.
- Complete Education courses which lead to crimes bonuses. While this doesn't actually boost your nerve bar, it increases crime success rate, which may lead to a boost in your natural nerve bar.
- Additional information: The maximum nerve bar you can get is 63.
- Nerve bar strength is also increased by busting others out of jail. It is unclear exactly how busting higher levels or longer jail times affects that.
- For 25 points you can refill your nerve bar. You can access this by clicking [Use] next to Points on the sidebar. As with the energy refill, you can only refill your nerve bar once a day.