Torn City Marriage

From Torncity WIKI - The official help and support guide

Jump to:navigation, search



With the update of the Church on the 23 June 2014 the way in which you get married to someone has been changed slightly. In order to wed another player you must have a ring and a witness and visit the church.

You can obtain a ring through several different means, the item market, the jewellery shop or from a four nerve crime. After proposing to another player they will receive an event and have an option to Accept / Reject your proposal. (Clarification needed)

Should you wish to cancel a proposal to another player you can do so by going to preferences > management > proposals.

Alternatively you can click here.


To end a marriage, either player may divorce the other. You may not divorce until you have been married for at least 7 days. Divorces are granted by going to the city and visiting the Church.


One of the benefits of marriage is the ability to share a property. Either player may move into a property owned by the other player. However, the owner of the property has the ability to kick his or her spouse out of that property. Your spouse may not kick you from a property that you own. Spouses are unable to access vaults on the others properties.

Awards and honours can be earned by staying married to the same person for increasing amounts of time. For more information on these visit the Medal's page.


An issue is sometimes caused with your account stating that you are already proposing to someone when you are not, if this is the case then submit a Bug Report and wait for a staff member to fix the issue for you!

  • It is unknown whether or not this has been fixed with the release of RESPO.