There are four battle stats in Torn. Each have different effects in combat.
- Increases the chance of your attacks hitting.
- Increases the chance of successfully running away from your opponent.
- Reduces damage taken per hit.
- Increases damage dealt with each hit.
- Increases your chance to dodge attacks completely.
- Increases your chance of revealing stealth attacks.
- Increases your chance of performing stealth attacks.
Each of the four battle stats grow exponentially until the soft cap of 50 million, also known as the "stat cap" after which they grow at a relatively fixed rate.
|Attacking Stat Weights|
|Speed verses 10,000,000 Dexterity||Defence verses 10,000,000 Strength|
|1,000,000 speed : 11% hit chance||1,000,000 defence : 16% damage reduction|
|5,000,000 speed : 33% hit chance||5,000,000 defence : 40% damage reduction|
|10,000,000 speed : 50% hit chance||10,000,000 defence : 50% damage reduction|
|15,000,000 speed : 60% hit chance||15,000,000 defence : 57% damage reduction|
|20,000,000 speed : 67% hit chance||20,000,000 defence : 63% damage reduction|
|30,000,000 speed : 74% hit chance||30,000,000 defence : 71% damage reduction|
|40,000,000 speed : 78% hit chance||40,000,000 defence : 75% damage reduction|
|50,000,000 speed : 81% hit chance||50,000,000 defence : 80% damage reduction|
|60,000,000 speed : 84% hit chance||60,000,000 defence : 83% damage reduction|
|70,000,000 speed : 85% hit chance||70,000,000 defence : 86% damage reduction|
|80,000,000 speed : 87% hit chance||80,000,000 defence : 89% damage reduction|
|90,000,000 speed : 88% hit chance||90,000,000 defence : 91% damage reduction|
|100,000,000 speed : 89% hit chance||100,000,000 defence : 93% damage reduction|
|110,000,000 speed : 90% hit chance||110,000,000 defence : 95% damage reduction|
|120,000,000 speed : 90% hit chance||120,000,000 defence : 96% damage reduction|
|130,000,000 speed : 91% hit chance||130,000,000 defence : 98% damage reduction|
|140,000,000 speed : 92% hit chance||140,000,000 defence : 100% damage reduction|
Variables that affect stat growth:
- Gym (Gym Dots)
This is a formula from before the happiness cap changed to 99,999. Thus outdated
The most accurate formula at the moment, according to Darkkk's Guide is:
((Gym Dots * 4) * ((0.00019106 * Stat) + (0.00226263 * Happy) + 0.55)) * (1 + Steadfast + Education Bonus) / 150 * Energy Used
**with the 0.006% - 0.169% margin of error.**
Other Methods of increasing battle stats
One time use permanent stat increase
- Skateboard: +1% Speed
- Parachute: +1% Dexterity
- Boxing Gloves: +1% Defence
- Dumbbells: +1% Strength
- Summary of all passive stat increases from educations below
- Strength = +5%
- Speed = +13%
- Defense = +11%
- Dexterity = +19%
- +2% to all Gym gains
- Summary of all passive stat increases from educations below
- SPT3510: Sports Science Bachelors +1% Boost to all gym gains
- SPT2440: Strength and Conditioning - Gain a 1% bonus to strength gains in the gym
- SPT2450: Physiological Testing - Gain a 1% bonus to speed gains in the gym
- SPT2460: Human Movement Analysis - Gain a 1% bonus to defense gains in the gym
- SPT2470: Bio Mechanical Determinants of Skill - Gain a 1% bonus to dexterity gains in the gym
- SPT2490: Nutritional Science - Gain a 2% passive bonus to speed and strength
- SPT2500: Analysis and Performance - Gain a 2% passive bonus to defense and dexterity
- HAF2104: Aerobics - Gain a 1% passive bonus to dexterity
- HAF2105: Acrobatics - Gain a 1% passive bonus to speed
- HAF2106: Power Lifting - Gain a 1% passive bonus to strength
- HAF2107: Yoga - Gain a 2% passive bonus to strength
- HAF2108: Swimming - Gain a 1% passive bonus to dexterity
- HAF2109: Marathon Training - Gain a 3% passive bonus to speed
- MTH2240: Essential Foundation Mathematics - Gain a 1% passive bonus to speed
- MTH2250: Intermediate Mathematics - Gain a 1% passive bonus to speed
- MTH2260: Geometry - Gain a 1% passive bonus to defense
- MTH2320: Geometry 2 - Gain a 2% passive bonus to defense
- PSY2640: Memory and Decision - Gain a 1% passive bonus to dexterity
- PSY2650: Brain and Behaviour - Gain a 2% passive bonus to dexterity
- PSY2660: Quantitative Methods in Psychology - Gain a 4% passive bonus to dexterity
- PSY2670: Applied Decision Methods - Gain a 8% passive bonus to dexterity
- DEF2710: Judo - Gain a 1% passive bonus to defense
- DEF2730: Krav Maga - Gain a 1% passive bonus to defense
- DEF2740: Jujitsu - Gain a 3% passive bonus to defense
- DEF2750: Tae Kwon Do - Gain a 2% passive bonus to speed
- DEF2760: Muay Thai - Gain a 3% passive bonus to speed
|Item picture||Item ID||Item Name||Special effect||Mission Credits|
|744||Book : Brawn Over Brains||Increases strength by 5% up to 10m upon completion.||1543 - 1825|
|745||Book : Time Is In The Mind||Increases speed by 5% up to 10m upon completion.||1611 - 1985|
|746||Book : Keeping Your Face Handsome||Increases defense by 5% up to 10m upon completion.||1756|
|747||Book : A Job For Your Hands||Increases dexterity by 5% up to 10m upon completion.||1119|
Sports Sneakers: Increase your speed gains from gym training by 5%, if you have this item in your inventory. Available for purchase in Dubai at $14 Billion.
- Faction Perk - Steadfast (1 through 10): Each level increases all gym trains by 1%, active after spending 3 days in faction.
The most direct stat increasing job specials are listed below. Many other indirect specials are also available such as increasing happiness or reducing item cool downs.
- Farm: 70 Energy Job Special
- Furniture Store: Increase Strength Special (about 10,000 strength per job point at stat cap)
- Ladies Strip Club: +10% Defense gym gains
- Gents Strip Club: +10% Dexterity gym gains
- Fitness Center: 3% Passive increase to all gym gains
- and Increase Strength Special (about 10,000 strength per job point at stat cap)
Torn City Jobs:
- Up to 3500.5 Defense Gain per job point (at stat cap)
- Up to 2500.5 Strength Gain per job point (at stat cap)
- Brawn - Gives a passive bonus to strength of 3% per point, up to max of +30%
- Protection - Gives a passive bonus to defense of 3% per point, up to max of +30%
- Sharpness - Gives a passive bonus to speed of 3% per point, up to max of +30%
- Evasion - Gives a passive bonus to dexterity of 3% per point, up to max of +30%