Tests done by anyone on the same will be highly appreciated. Let's get results. Either this is right or this is wrong. Let's find out which one.†
Earlier I was on IRC and a few people were discussing about the church, about something that they tried and supposedly think it worked.
I tried it too once, and supposedly it worked for me.The theory is, that you donate to the church till the priest says "Let your faith guide you".
Post this, if you go and search the city map, you'll find at least one item.
You need to donate again and again till you get that event.
There is a threshold
for each person which differentiates between negative events and positive events.
It is different for everyone.
I haven't found the exact threshold for myself, but 10k works for me for positive events.bcfcespley  claims to have a threshold of $125k.R4ND0M †claims to have a threshold of $18,350.These are the negative results:‚ Care to give a little more? I work very hard you know‚¶ ‚‚ Hmm, well okay then, thanks I guess. ‚‚ How many sins have you committed again? ‚‚ Is that all you can spare? That‚s barely going to cover my chiropodist appointment. ‚‚ Thanks I suppose‚¶ ‚‚ That‚s kind of insulting you know... Do you know how much this building costs to maintain? ‚‚ Have mercy‚¶ ‚‚ A drop in the ocean‚¶ ‚‚ You may aswell not have come‚¶ ‚‚ The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. ‚‚ I pray for you‚¶ ‚‚ Did you at least bring me some wine too? ‚‚ You may or may not still be going to hell. ‚‚ Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. ‚‚ Lamborghini, here I come! Thank you my child. ‚‚ I‚m blown away by your generosity, thank Lord I don‚t have to pay income tax! ‚These are the Positive Results:
"A most charitable donation, thank you child."
"I forgive you for your sins."
"A most gracious donation, I admire your philanthropy."
"May the Lord be with you."
"Let your faith guide you."
Test 1 (By Me):
I checked the whole city map once and found one Kitchen Knife. I was thorough in my search and that was the only item.
Then I donated 10k multiple times till I got that result from the priest - "Let your faith guide you".
On an immediate re-search of the city map post the , I found a Crowbar.Note:
When I tried to repeat the procedure again immediately, I noticed that 10k din't work for me anymore. 25k did work and again I din't bother to find my exact threshold, but the conclusion I derived is that if you try it in immediate succession, the threshold will be higher than your usual. It supposedly resets every hour or so.
1. Do a thorough search of the map to see that you've claimed all present items on the map.
2. Go to the church. Try donating 10k. If you get negative results, then donate a bit more. Once you fix an amount that gives you positive results, repeat the amount till you get the result - "Let your faith guide you".
3. Now go and do a thorough search of the City Map again. If you find an item, voila, test successful and post your results here.
If you do not find anything, I'd suggest you to go through the entire map again at least once in case you've missed anything.
Corresponding FAQ (Needs to be Answered):
1. Is this theory just a myth and the results for the few of us a mere coincidence or does it actually work?
2. If this works, is "Let your faith guide you" the only positive result which leads to finding an item or are there more positive events which lead to finding an item?
3. Does the threshold increase if done in quick succession?
4. Does it only help to find an item or increase the chance of finding a better item aswell?
All help on the tests will be appreciated. Please post them here on the thread and/or mail me.