Forums
First  << 1  2  3  4  5 >>  Last
Forum Main>>Non Related>>Politics & Law>> America Government Partial ShutDown
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
DarthBrogo

ID: 21801
Level: 51
Posts: 3845
Score: 3150
DarthBrogo [21801]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Sat Oct 05, 2013 20:12:03
Replacing school-bussing with school-marching better still. Cheaper too.

Human life is supposed to be harsh. Severe physical discipline does wonders against waistlines.

Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
-El-

ID: 463504
Level: 76
Posts: 2190
Score: 1160
-El- [463504]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Sat Oct 05, 2013 21:14:52
By Tolshortte [648554]

if this Obamacare is so great, they why force it on people? its not the same as womens rights or public safety, but nice attempt. if it is as great as you seem to think then people would opt in and wouldn't need to be force fed your party's agenda.


o_O

Where.In.The.f**k. Did I imply...that it was so great? I said it was a law. I didn't give it props or shit on it. I didn't say it was great or otherwise. I compared it to women's rights/voter's rights/civil rights because people bitched about it. Kinda like...you on this subject. Do you have a 5th grade reading level, because explaining shit to you that my kid would get ONCE is tiresome. It hasn't been a month/year/decade for it going into effect, so how can I criticize something that hasn't even hit its peak yet Tolshortte? Any new law, isn't without its hiccups, bugs, or problems.

My best guess is, you don't fully understand it. I'm not surprised. Seriously.


By Tolshortte [648554]
forcing business to comply isn't my issue, forcing individuals to do so is a totally different thing.


Businessess are gonna f**k people over. Certain ones anyway. They want their money, their "more money than I'll ever spend in my lifetime" money. That's greed, but you don't care about that, so carry on. You're "forced" to do alot of shit in your life right this very second that you take for granted. Ironic isn't it?


By Tolshortte [648554]
whats next? forcing people to live in certain areas because its more cost effective and progressive to do so? get real.


Don't be dense.


By Tolshortte [648554]
you speak of being on the attack and it was you who came at me with accusations of racism



Probably because when I write on here, you're up my ass like a chick wanting me to f**k her again. It's a fact. You've done this countless times. It's as predictable as a mosquito in the hot summer.


By Tolshortte [648554]
operating under the assumption I was 100% behind the tea party


Negative, but I'll get to that in a minute...


By Tolshortte [648554]
I pointed out that those holding this back were doing their job if we like it or not.


No. That isn't what you said. And honestly, you're too stupid to see that the tactics being used in this is wrong. Focus on the tactics. Plus, & you may have forgotten, Obama's been voted in. Twice. In his head he's just doing HIS job. Whether we like it or not. See how that works out?


By Tolshortte [648554]
and you shouldn't talk about an even playing field. you wouldn't know equality if it was given to you on a silver platter.


And here's where I said I'd get to you: things will never have an even playing field. Not in our lifetime. As far as race/gender/sexual orientation/money. Won't happen. The upside to this is your breed is dying a slow death. Not "breed" as in white people, but asshats that think like you do. As much as I like poking fun at you being a KKK member, I don't believe it anymore than I believe in Santa Claus. I do believe you specifically have a white superiority complex about yourself. I'd get a grip on that because before you know it, there will be more whites, latinos, asians, & people of color via relationships & interracial children in the U.S. rising faster than you think. You won't even be a memory. Just a cliffnote in history. Consider it a slow "Extinction Level Event" k?


Level playing field as far as in attractive folks over not so attractive folks? lol....I'll stay off that one.


By Tolshortte [648554]
if any program doesn't support or uplift any group you think is somehow a victim in an equal opportunity society then its automatically racist.


Negative. I quite understand now, that you do indeed possess a low level mentality, & I'm tired of giving you the benefit of the doubt. You're either extremely young or too stupid to believe this is an equal opportunity society. Not only that, I never said nor implied that bullshit you said. I started off with the Republican congress having hissy fits....and you run with this? Let me make this clear for you: nepotism, favoritism, racism, & extreme prejudice over sexual orientation exists. If you don't know this by now, you're living in a cave.



By Tolshortte [648554]
sorry but to me your opinion on this isn't worth the dried shite on a dead donkey's arse rotting in the mid summer sun.


Can you imagine the f**k I'm giving over this? And you're terrible at your use of metaphors.

I've also noticed that you're not even arguing or debating. You actually can't lol. What you do do is throw new unrelated material hoping you can have some type of "ah ha" moment.

Give it up.

Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
Tolshortte

ID: 648554
Level: 50
Posts: 3302
Score: 1368
TBLTolshortte [648554]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Sun Oct 06, 2013 00:37:29
By -El- [463504]
lol It's retarded using tax payer money to repeal Obamacare over-n-over. It's a law already, & a good portion of the world of the world is doing this already. Grown Republican men having hissy fits like little bitches is amusing.


this is the statement I challenged. especially this "a good portion of the world of the world is doing this already", which is false. a good portion of the world has free health care, not this Obamacare forced insurance crap. and I thought the jab at the pubs was amusing considering how many times the democrats have shutdown the govt themselves and based on your statement came to the conclusion that you amongst a ton of other whiners failed to realize it was more than a 'hissy fit'

also other laws that were fought until overturned(since you like to make weak comparisons) are slavery, segregation and prohibition.

if you think its cause im targeting you, I promise you that you don't even register on my radar enough to 'target' you. you aren't important enough to me for that. hope I didn't hurt you lil feelings. you simply make some of the most ignorant posts here and that is why I address them.
but worry not, I shall simply treat you the same as the other 2 or 3 mindless drones that frequent here from now on.

but all that aside, you attack me with name calling etc and have the audacity to take a righteous, as a matter of fact stance? you couldn't be more laughable.

Ted and I have engaged many times in these forums and I don't recall it ever ending in a personal onslaught of each others race or personal characteristics. that is simply where you like to start with others when they don't agree with your opinions. racist, racist, asshat, dumbshit, racist blah blah blah. you could simply copy/paste most of your posts and they are so similar they would fit almost every topic.

if you think debating/arguing begins with name calling and finger pointing perhaps its you who take a look at ones self.

if you wish to spout more of your bs, just send me a message. no need to continue it here.



Last Edited: Sun Oct 06, 2013 00:55:59


Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
-El-

ID: 463504
Level: 76
Posts: 2190
Score: 1160
-El- [463504]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Sun Oct 06, 2013 16:56:07
By Tolshortte [648554]
By -El- [463504]
lol It's retarded using tax payer money to repeal Obamacare over-n-over. It's a law already, & a good portion of the world of the world is doing this already. Grown Republican men having hissy fits like little bitches is amusing.


this is the statement I challenged. especially this "a good portion of the world of the world is doing this already", which is false.


Last I read, "forced" health insurance exists in the Netherlands. Switzerland as well. Canada has a national, publicly funded healthcare system. Should I go on...or do you need to keep making up shit in your head?

By Tolshortte [648554]
and I thought the jab at the pubs was amusing considering how many times the democrats have shutdown the govt themselves and based on your statement came to the conclusion that you amongst a ton of other whiners failed to realize it was more than a 'hissy fit'


I haven't whined on this thread. Nor to you. I don't work for the government either. So what am I whining about exactly eh?

Let's switch it around: you have a Republican prez, so the Dems shut down the government over shit like gun regulation....even if the majority of the people are for it. But the Dems aren't listening to the majority. They want to do what they want to do, so they act like bitch asses & shut the government down just because. See how that works out? Good. Now with the Tea Party in place, they're f**king shit up. Not in a good way either. There's been a Republican 'civil war' brewing (which makes me chuckle because Stevie Wonder saw this shit coming lol). The Tea Party knuckleheads vs. the old school Repubs. So if you have it in your head that "these people are fighting for me." then I can sell you land in mid-town Manhattan for .02 per square mile.

By Tolshortte [648554]
also other laws that were fought until overturned(since you like to make weak comparisons) are slavery, segregation and prohibition.


It's been a law for years now Rip van Winkle. Wake up & join the rest of us. Hasn't been overturned, if it ever will be.

Weak comparisons? I'll let that one slide.

This next little diddy, I won't though:

By Tolshortte [648554]
if you think its cause im targeting you, I promise you that you don't even register on my radar enough to 'target' you. you aren't important enough to me for that.



Target me eh? Why are you under that impression that I (unlike yourself) take it personal. I don't. If I didn't register on your radar, you wouldn't be my personal enema & therefore I wouldn't have to shit on you. There's a simple metaphor for you.

By Tolshortte [648554]
hope I didn't hurt you lil feelings.


Same guy that said "hey I didn't call you names"? Oh irony.

By Tolshortte [648554]
you simply make some of the most ignorant posts here and that is why I address them.


Even more irony.

By Tolshortte [648554]
but worry not, I shall simply treat you the same as the other 2 or 3 mindless drones that frequent here from now on.


How's that working out for you? Not so good huh?

By Tolshortte [648554]
but all that aside, you attack me with name calling etc and have the audacity to take a righteous, as a matter of fact stance? you couldn't be more laughable.


Oh, so now your feelings are hurt. Got cha. You keep bringing it up, so I'm probably right.

By Tolshortte [648554]
Ted and I have engaged many times in these forums and I don't recall it ever ending in a personal onslaught of each others race or personal characteristics. that is simply where you like to start with others when they don't agree with your opinions.


I'm not Ted, & Ted not calling you every variation of the word 'moron' is mind blowing to me. Start with others? Exactly how would you know this? Didn't you say I didn't register on your radar enough?


By Tolshortte [648554]
racist, racist, asshat, dumbshit, racist blah blah blah. you could simply copy/paste most of your posts and they are so similar they would fit almost every topic.



Nope. I don't start with race. Odd that you say that because I get along with Ted, Buckwyld, Swag, etc.

Ted & I had arguments years ago. No race brought up. Mostly about movies.

Buckwyld & I get along just fine, even if I don't agree with his stance on gay marriage. Especially two hot lesbians going at it.

Swag & I had full blown arguments just last year (I believe)? Race was brought up but it mostly focused on Obama's ex-pastor & former Gov. George Wallace of Alabama. Political shit.

You however? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...well you know what I'm going to say lol

By Tolshortte [648554]
if you think debating/arguing begins with name calling and finger pointing perhaps its you who take a look at ones self



^ that made me laugh.


Last Edited: Sun Oct 06, 2013 16:57:19
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
Swag

ID: 929733
Level: 80
Posts: 7178
Score: 3753
eVÝSwag [929733]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Mon Oct 07, 2013 02:55:33
Im not getting into the argument here, because most of you know my views on Obamacare. But, all this talk of tactics led me to post. The Republicans in my opinion are doing their job and standing up for what a majority of Americans want. No Obamacare. But, if its tactics you speak of, then i give you the latest tactics of our wonderful presidential regime.

The amber alert website has been shut down by the white house. Low blow, uncalled for and down right disgraceful.


Screenshot_2013-10-06-21-04-30_zpsc669d4

anon_zpse5237b97.png
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
BuckWyld

ID: 1009930
Level: 70
Posts: 6003
Score: 3644
BuckWyld [1009930]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Mon Oct 07, 2013 03:41:18
By Swag [929733]
Im not getting into the argument here, because most of you know my views on Obamacare. But, all this talk of tactics led me to post. The Republicans in my opinion are doing their job and standing up for what a majority of Americans want. No Obamacare. But, if its tactics you speak of, then i give you the latest tactics of our wonderful presidential regime.

The amber alert website has been shut down by the white house. Low blow, uncalled for and down right disgraceful.


Screenshot_2013-10-06-21-04-30_zpsc669d4


Now thats f**ked up. The mail still runs & people can still get there soc. security & welfare checks, But the hell with missing children. All i can say to that is. It's a damn good thing we still got our guns.

Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
-El-

ID: 463504
Level: 76
Posts: 2190
Score: 1160
-El- [463504]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Mon Oct 07, 2013 05:14:02
By Swag [929733]
Im not getting into the argument here, because most of you know my views on Obamacare. But, all this talk of tactics led me to post. The Republicans in my opinion are doing their job and standing up for what a majority of Americans want. No Obamacare. But, if its tactics you speak of, then i give you the latest tactics of our wonderful presidential regime.

The amber alert website has been shut down by the white house. Low blow, uncalled for and down right disgraceful.


I'm not cool with this. Seriously.

However if more children get shot & killed, you only have to worry about Obama taking away your guns, & from what I've seen on HERE (among other places) that's more a priority than dead children. Because the Republicans did their job. See how that works bruh?

Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
DarthBrogo

ID: 21801
Level: 51
Posts: 3845
Score: 3150
DarthBrogo [21801]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Mon Oct 07, 2013 09:24:29
Obama is being a Drama Queen.
But then again - so is Ted Cruz.

Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
MachineGunSteve

ID: 184119
Level: 73
Posts: 5952
Score: 3931
BBMachineGunSteve [184119]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Mon Oct 07, 2013 15:30:32
This whole thing is a farce.

85% of the government is still up and functioning.

350K defense workers have been recalled to their jobs. Those government employee's who are currently off work will most likely be paid back.

The only people who are being impacted are the tax payers, who will again be shit upon by the government, and then be forced to pay to clean up the mess.

Old men are rousted out of the WW II memorial... an open air memorial, that requires nothing to be open. A farce is what this is.

17 trillion in debt, and we keep kicking the can down the road. We keep adding debt. We keep sending the same idiots (in both parties) to Washington for the most part, and then some of us wonder why we continue to get the same results... hmmm, who are the crazy ones in this?

But, hey, it is all good, we caught ourselves another terrorist this weekend... even if we are basically allowing others to terrorize us in the capital.

Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
Cyrax

ID: 249578
Level: 35
Posts: 4776
Score: 2750
Cyrax [249578]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Mon Oct 07, 2013 22:46:06
I hope for you guys sake this can be sorted out, because the information I have been reading does not look good... recessions and so on.

Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
CoolHandLuke

ID: 1582871
Level: 25
Posts: 2807
Score: 928
CoolHandLuke [1582871]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Mon Oct 07, 2013 23:06:05
as it has been stated, Obama is just playing this "government shutdown" to be some kind of tragic event where the earth will stop spinning. But if you look at the shutdown that happened back in the 90's most of the shit that is happening now didnt happen then. So you must ask yourself, why is it national parks were kept open in the 90's shutdown but not in the 2013? why is it that people cant go up the stairs of the lincoln memorial or touch the ww2 memorial now but could back in the 90's shutdown? Could it be that Obama is a sadistic SOB and if somebody steps up to him he has the mentality of a lady going through PMS?

pride.png
dont ruin today by reliving yesterday's problems.
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
MachineGunSteve

ID: 184119
Level: 73
Posts: 5952
Score: 3931
BBMachineGunSteve [184119]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2013 20:20:19
I hate to break it to all the partisans out there, but there is no good guy in this mess. Obama should be negotiating directly with the Republicans, why? Because that is his job, and the Republicans shouldn't have even made mention of Obamacare as a reason for this mess. Both sides need to work together to fix the deficit spending issues that both parties helped to create.

Obamacare is a mess. Nobody even understands it. It is nightmare of a farce that has been perpetrated on the American people, but the American people brought it upon themselves by putting Obama in office... sorry to all those who didn't vote for him, but that is how the game is played. He did exactly what he set out to do. Now that the people have gotten what they want *cough, cough*, the government needs to work together to fix it, but this do nothing tactic of holding the country hostage while the two parties bicker back a forth like petulant children is only going to lead to another financial meltdown, and then no one will have healthcare, because no one will have a job, and since we are already 17 trillion in the hole... well anybody with an imagination can figure out the rest. The fat-cats in DC won't suffer. They already paid themselves, and their healthcare is already the envy of the world.

Bastards, all of them. They should ALL be shown the door during the next elections... ALL OF THEM.

Last Edited: Tue Oct 08, 2013 20:24:33
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
_BullsEye_

ID: 893000
Level: 37
Posts: 429
Score: 26
UNT_BullsEye_ [893000]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2013 22:16:08
This is heating up I didn't relize half the stuff being talked about but I will say this, I tried getting insurance thru this Obamacare crap an they want me to pay $3500 a year for insurance that about $300 an that's just for me if I including mg pregnant finace (none of us have insurance) it would be $9500 a year how f**k is that affordable???

Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
CoolHandLuke

ID: 1582871
Level: 25
Posts: 2807
Score: 928
CoolHandLuke [1582871]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2013 23:24:03
well MGS i almost agree with you 100%, only thing i disagree on is you saying the funding for Obamacare shouldn't have been fought. The republicans tried to get a separate bill JUST for funding Obamacare, which i agree with, but as Obama has said "funding for Obamacare is NOT negotiable". So either Obama is going to have to change his mind, or once again republicans will have to tuck tail and obey Obama's orders.

pride.png
dont ruin today by reliving yesterday's problems.
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
DarthBrogo

ID: 21801
Level: 51
Posts: 3845
Score: 3150
DarthBrogo [21801]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2013 23:30:42
By CoolHandLuke [1582871]
well MGS i almost agree with you 100%, only thing i disagree on is you saying the funding for Obamacare shouldn't have been fought. The republicans tried to get a separate bill JUST for funding Obamacare, which i agree with, but as Obama has said "funding for Obamacare is NOT negotiable". So either Obama is going to have to change his mind, or once again republicans will have to tuck tail and obey Obama's orders.


The latter. Obviously.

Hysterics on the brink of moral collapse.


www.democracycorps.com/attachments/article/954/dcor%20rpp%20fg%20memo%20100313%20final.pdf

Last Edited: Tue Oct 08, 2013 23:43:30
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
_BullsEye_

ID: 893000
Level: 37
Posts: 429
Score: 26
UNT_BullsEye_ [893000]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2013 23:42:31
By CoolHandLuke [1582871]
well MGS i almost agree with you 100%, only thing i disagree on is you saying the funding for Obamacare shouldn't have been fought. The republicans tried to get a separate bill JUST for funding Obamacare, which i agree with, but as Obama has said "funding for Obamacare is NOT negotiable". So either Obama is going to have to change his mind, or once again republicans will have to tuck tail and obey Obama's orders.


But Obama has said he would be willing to negotiate the time required obtain health insurance, he doesn't want anyone to mess with his Obamacare but due to funding issues in USA

Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
Richardv

ID: 1103695
Level: 40
Posts: 3262
Score: 1050
BADRichardv [1103695]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2013 23:46:51
The thing is, as much as the republican's want it to be, Obamacare is not the issue being discussed - it is the fiscal future of the US. The Republican's were the one's who married the two topics together (otherwise, they do not belong together). Very childish and dangerous.

I'm not saying Obamacare should or shouldn't happen, but it shouldn't be debated in the context of the debt ceiling, that's pretty obvious no matter what side of Obamacare you are on.

Republican's won't win this one. Actually, nobody will.

4c4121ee-af2c-d041-1103695.pjpg
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
DarthBrogo

ID: 21801
Level: 51
Posts: 3845
Score: 3150
DarthBrogo [21801]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2013 23:54:25
Actually, Democrats will win pat-down.

The Democrats have shown a keen awareness of what makes a Civilization work:
a network of dependencies.

Wellfare, foodstamps, umployment insurance. And now Obamacare too.
I'm not negative towards that.

Rugged individualists belong in hunter-gatherer societies.
And not in a Civilization.

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.


Actually,I'm positive that its going to be a snap for the Democrats to win over the Evangelicals. Child-subsidies ought to do the trick.

Last Edited: Wed Oct 09, 2013 00:21:20
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
CoolHandLuke

ID: 1582871
Level: 25
Posts: 2807
Score: 928
CoolHandLuke [1582871]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 05:55:27
By Richardv [1103695]
The thing is, as much as the republican's want it to be, Obamacare is not the issue being discussed - it is the fiscal future of the US. The Republican's were the one's who married the two topics together (otherwise, they do not belong together). Very childish and dangerous.

I'm not saying Obamacare should or shouldn't happen, but it shouldn't be debated in the context of the debt ceiling, that's pretty obvious no matter what side of Obamacare you are on.

Republican's won't win this one. Actually, nobody will.


god almighty im glad you know whats going on...

Just a quick FYI funding obamacare is IN the budget bill so yes it should be debated since the DEMOCRATS decided to merge the two. But yes you can continue your ignorant "blame the republican" stance.


But on a good...no on a great note i will not have to obtain this horrendously bad healthcare plan that is getting rejected by 2 of the 3 hospitals in my area. Since i got my letter in today from blue cross and blue shield letting me know my insurance passes Obama's pathetic standards.

So enjoy your shitty concept of a "greater healthcare system" that couldn't even pass the starting line before becoming a complete failure.

pride.png
dont ruin today by reliving yesterday's problems.
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
CoolHandLuke

ID: 1582871
Level: 25
Posts: 2807
Score: 928
CoolHandLuke [1582871]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 05:57:45
By DarthBrogo [21801]
Actually, Democrats will win pat-down.

The Democrats have shown a keen awareness of what makes a Civilization work:
a network of dependencies.

Wellfare, foodstamps, umployment insurance. And now Obamacare too.
I'm not negative towards that.

Rugged individualists belong in hunter-gatherer societies.
And not in a Civilization.

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.


Actually,I'm positive that its going to be a snap for the Democrats to win over the Evangelicals. Child-subsidies ought to do the trick.


lol, then please explain why the best years are now behind us. Now that we are becoming like so many other nations that were once great or at least good and now are mere shells of themselves.

pride.png
dont ruin today by reliving yesterday's problems.
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
DarthBrogo

ID: 21801
Level: 51
Posts: 3845
Score: 3150
DarthBrogo [21801]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 06:20:11
By CoolHandLuke [1582871]
By DarthBrogo [21801]
Actually, Democrats will win pat-down.

The Democrats have shown a keen awareness of what makes a Civilization work:
a network of dependencies.

Wellfare, foodstamps, umployment insurance. And now Obamacare too.
I'm not negative towards that.

Rugged individualists belong in hunter-gatherer societies.
And not in a Civilization.

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.


Actually,I'm positive that its going to be a snap for the Democrats to win over the Evangelicals. Child-subsidies ought to do the trick.


lol, then please explain why the best years are now behind us. Now that we are becoming like so many other nations that were once great or at least good and now are mere shells of themselves.


Glory is for Youth. And then it's all forgotten. Dreams of the past. Middle age.Next stop:old age.

Any idea that you are anyone spcial? Any notion that you have a right to decide your own future?

Get over it. Your fate is made for you.

stretch-limo-times-square1.jpg

Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
CoolHandLuke

ID: 1582871
Level: 25
Posts: 2807
Score: 928
CoolHandLuke [1582871]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 06:26:11
By DarthBrogo [21801]
By CoolHandLuke [1582871]
By DarthBrogo [21801]
Actually, Democrats will win pat-down.

The Democrats have shown a keen awareness of what makes a Civilization work:
a network of dependencies.

Wellfare, foodstamps, umployment insurance. And now Obamacare too.
I'm not negative towards that.

Rugged individualists belong in hunter-gatherer societies.
And not in a Civilization.

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.


Actually,I'm positive that its going to be a snap for the Democrats to win over the Evangelicals. Child-subsidies ought to do the trick.


lol, then please explain why the best years are now behind us. Now that we are becoming like so many other nations that were once great or at least good and now are mere shells of themselves.


Glory is for Youth. And then it's all forgotten. Dreams of the past. Middle age.Next stop:old age.

Any idea that you are anyone spcial? Any notion that you have a right to decide your own future?

Get over it. Your fate is made for you.

stretch-limo-times-square1.jpg


lol, America is still young compared to most countries.

and the Mcdonalds picture, not sure what thats about. But please dont tell me you are going to blame the downfall on fast food.

pride.png
dont ruin today by reliving yesterday's problems.
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
DarthBrogo

ID: 21801
Level: 51
Posts: 3845
Score: 3150
DarthBrogo [21801]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 07:00:48
By CoolHandLuke [1582871]


lol, America is still young compared to most countries.

and the Mcdonalds picture, not sure what thats about. But please dont tell me you are going to blame the downfall on fast food.


No doubt America is quite young compared to England.
But it's hoary with age compared to Bangladesh.

Your glory is behind you.
And Big Mac[R] or Big Whopper[D] is all the choice you ever going to get.

In the end, all democratic politics boils down to the Patronus-Cliens relationship.
Republicans may rail against it, but it's a forlorn battle.

Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
TedThomas

ID: 887131
Level: 55
Posts: 21397
Score: 15959
{CI}TedThomas [887131]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:56:06
By MachineGunSteve [184119]
I hate to break it to all the partisans out there, but there is no good guy in this mess. Obama should be negotiating directly with the Republicans, why? Because that is his job, and the Republicans shouldn't have even made mention of Obamacare as a reason for this mess. Both sides need to work together to fix the deficit spending issues that both parties helped to create.

Obamacare is a mess. Nobody even understands it. It is nightmare of a farce that has been perpetrated on the American people, but the American people brought it upon themselves by putting Obama in office... sorry to all those who didn't vote for him, but that is how the game is played. He did exactly what he set out to do. Now that the people have gotten what they want *cough, cough*, the government needs to work together to fix it, but this do nothing tactic of holding the country hostage while the two parties bicker back a forth like petulant children is only going to lead to another financial meltdown, and then no one will have healthcare, because no one will have a job, and since we are already 17 trillion in the hole... well anybody with an imagination can figure out the rest. The fat-cats in DC won't suffer. They already paid themselves, and their healthcare is already the envy of the world.

Bastards, all of them. They should ALL be shown the door during the next elections... ALL OF THEM.


What is there to negotiate exactly? "Obamacare" is a law which passed, was upheld by the Supreme Court, and the president was reelected on the basis that it was going to be the law of the land. Republicans have tried to repeal it 44 times (while refusing to pass one jobs bill mind you) and failed. Time for negotiations are over. Sorry, Republicans lose, that is how our democracy works.



And really the Republicans already won. The new proposed budget is lower than the the Ryan budget, which the Democrats said they would never agree to. But that is not good enough for them apparently. They just bound and determined to kill Obamacare, that is all they care about. Ted Cruz said himself that they are not afraid that Obamacare will fail, they are afraid that it will succeed. They are afraid that people will like it too much and it will be hard to repeal, that is what they are worried about.


It does not work on the idea of "hey we are not going to pay our bills and threaten financial collapse until we get what we want." One party in one house of congress does not get to hold the country hostage until they get everything they want, that is not how our system of government works. All the house has to do it vote on budget that both parties have already agreed to (which Democrats already conceded many things they said they werent going to) without tying Obamacare to it, it would pass (it has the votes to pass despite what Boehner says), and this would be over. Its really that simple.



Do you really want this kind of precedent set? What, so if next time around if there is a Republican president and the Democrats control the house, they turn around and say they arent going to pay the bills unless the president signs a gun control bill? Is that really the kind of way you think the government should function?



Lets all not forget that Obamacare is essentially the healthcare system that the REPUBLICANS were championing for over 3 decades up until Obama was for it. It was originally the idea of Richard Nixon (technically the Heritage Foundation came up with it). The compromise was the individual mandate which Republicans demanded when it was being written. The whole mandate thing comes from the CONSERVATIVE idea of personal responsibility, the idea that everyone pays for their own insurance so everyone doesnt have to foot the bill when someone without insurance goes to a hospital and racks up thousands of dollars and cant pay it. This was not the healthcare system that the Democrats wanted, it was the system that Obama agreed to to please the Republicans.

Last Edited: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:12:47
DSCN0726banner1_zpse9bade3d.jpg
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
DarthBrogo

ID: 21801
Level: 51
Posts: 3845
Score: 3150
DarthBrogo [21801]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:28:59
Ted, if you think this is a Republican success-story, then you might that Pickett's Charge was a resounding Rebel victory.

I think I'll call this one Cruz 'is Charge.
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to hold back my contemptuous laughter at the declining party.

Do you really want this kind of precedent set? What, so if next time around if there is a Republican president and the Democrats control the house, they turn around and say they arent going to pay the bills unless the president signs a gun control bill? Is that really the kind of way you think the government should function?


Which raises an intruiging question.
Do they want functional government at the National level?
I think the answer is 'NO'.



Last Edited: Wed Oct 09, 2013 13:14:13
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
MachineGunSteve

ID: 184119
Level: 73
Posts: 5952
Score: 3931
BBMachineGunSteve [184119]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 13:44:33
By TedThomas [887131]
By MachineGunSteve [184119]
I hate to break it to all the partisans out there, but there is no good guy in this mess. Obama should be negotiating directly with the Republicans, why? Because that is his job, and the Republicans shouldn't have even made mention of Obamacare as a reason for this mess. Both sides need to work together to fix the deficit spending issues that both parties helped to create.

Obamacare is a mess. Nobody even understands it. It is nightmare of a farce that has been perpetrated on the American people, but the American people brought it upon themselves by putting Obama in office... sorry to all those who didn't vote for him, but that is how the game is played. He did exactly what he set out to do. Now that the people have gotten what they want *cough, cough*, the government needs to work together to fix it, but this do nothing tactic of holding the country hostage while the two parties bicker back a forth like petulant children is only going to lead to another financial meltdown, and then no one will have healthcare, because no one will have a job, and since we are already 17 trillion in the hole... well anybody with an imagination can figure out the rest. The fat-cats in DC won't suffer. They already paid themselves, and their healthcare is already the envy of the world.

Bastards, all of them. They should ALL be shown the door during the next elections... ALL OF THEM.


What is there to negotiate exactly? "Obamacare" is a law which passed, was upheld by the Supreme Court, and the president was reelected on the basis that it was going to be the law of the land. Republicans have tried to repeal it 44 times (while refusing to pass one jobs bill mind you) and failed. Time for negotiations are over. Sorry, Republicans lose, that is how our democracy works.

>> There is a deficit, right? We take in less money than we spend right? Then there is something to negotiate. I don't care to get into specifics over which party is more right than the other... the bottom line is that the US Government, both parties, spend more than is available to spend, thus they need to negotiate to find a solution to the problem, and as the head of the Executive Branch, Mr. Obama should be negotiating. That is what he is paid $500 K a year for, plus perks.


And really the Republicans already won. The new proposed budget is lower than the the Ryan budget, which the Democrats said they would never agree to. But that is not good enough for them apparently. They just bound and determined to kill Obamacare, that is all they care about. Ted Cruz said himself that they are not afraid that Obamacare will fail, they are afraid that it will succeed. They are afraid that people will like it too much and it will be hard to repeal, that is what they are worried about.

>> The Republicans won? Are we still spending more than we can afford? Yes. So nobody has won.


It does not work on the idea of "hey we are not going to pay our bills and threaten financial collapse until we get what we want." One party in one house of congress does not get to hold the country hostage until they get everything they want, that is not how our system of government works. All the house has to do it vote on budget that both parties have already agreed to (which Democrats already conceded many things they said they werent going to) without tying Obamacare to it, it would pass (it has the votes to pass despite what Boehner says), and this would be over. Its really that simple.

>> I agree completely. This is why there needs to be a balanced budget amendment, and it needs to be the law of the land going forward, with no exceptions... except in the case of attack by another nation, perhaps.



Do you really want this kind of precedent set? What, so if next time around if there is a Republican president and the Democrats control the house, they turn around and say they arent going to pay the bills unless the president signs a gun control bill? Is that really the kind of way you think the government should function?

>>Nope, which is why I said as much.



Lets all not forget that Obamacare is essentially the healthcare system that the REPUBLICANS were championing for over 3 decades up until Obama was for it. It was originally the idea of Richard Nixon (technically the Heritage Foundation came up with it). The compromise was the individual mandate which Republicans demanded when it was being written. The whole mandate thing comes from the CONSERVATIVE idea of personal responsibility, the idea that everyone pays for their own insurance so everyone doesnt have to foot the bill when someone without insurance goes to a hospital and racks up thousands of dollars and cant pay it. This was not the healthcare system that the Democrats wanted, it was the system that Obama agreed to to please the Republicans.


>>I don't care if the Republicans were championing a form of Obamacare. It is a farce. It is a foot in the door towards socialized medicine. It won't work in its current form. It fails on so many levels that is is laughable, but it is not important to the current issue at hand... but of course several dopes in the Republican party made it part of the issue, so now we all have to discuss Obamacare along with our national debt issue.

My bad... I screwed up... to lazy to fix it. Please see additional comments in the gray area's above.

Last Edited: Wed Oct 09, 2013 13:47:13
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
Fujiko

ID: 341315
Level: 55
Posts: 6418
Score: 4858
Fujiko [341315]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 17:12:45
1377064_529167580504097_685226984_n.jpg

This about sums up my feelings on the matter. If politicians do anything, it won't end well.

189becd3-7317-bbf6-341315.gif
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
TedThomas

ID: 887131
Level: 55
Posts: 21397
Score: 15959
{CI}TedThomas [887131]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 19:57:04
By MachineGunSteve [184119]


>> There is a deficit, right? We take in less money than we spend right? Then there is something to negotiate. I don't care to get into specifics over which party is more right than the other... the bottom line is that the US Government, both parties, spend more than is available to spend, thus they need to negotiate to find a solution to the problem, and as the head of the Executive Branch, Mr. Obama should be negotiating. That is what he is paid $500 K a year for, plus perks.



No there isnt anything to negotiate. Congress had a budget, now they pay the bills. Raising the debt ceiling is about money they already spent, if congress didnt want to raise the limit then they should have thought of that before they spent the money. If they want to negotiate on a lower budget, then do it after they pay the bills. We should not be having this bullshit fight every 6 months. And dont act like they are trying to negotiate cutting the deficit when they already did that weeks ago and all this is about is republicans throwing a hissy fit because they didnt get their way when it comes to Obamacare.


Yes there is a deficit, and it has been going down every year since Obama has been in office and is projected to keep dropping. Next year, our deficit to GDP ratio is projected to be lower than it was in the 80's under Reagan.

Despite your "the sky is falling" rhetoric and your ideological bullcrap, congress cant just take Bush's 1.4 trillion dollar deficit and cut it down to zero in one year without completely f**king over the country, especially since they are not willing to raise any more revenue to do so. You might not like it but its going to take some time. Maybe if congress was willing to stop giving out corporate welfare left and right and do things like cut down the military and raise revenue instead of just cutting things like food stamps this process would go faster, but they arent. Sorry, that is called reality.

Last Edited: Wed Oct 09, 2013 19:58:15
DSCN0726banner1_zpse9bade3d.jpg
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
DarthBrogo

ID: 21801
Level: 51
Posts: 3845
Score: 3150
DarthBrogo [21801]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 20:35:33
By TedThomas [887131]

No there isnt anything to negotiate. Congress had a budget, now they pay the bills. Raising the debt ceiling is about money they already spent, if congress didnt want to raise the limit then they should have thought of that before they spent the money. If they want to negotiate on a lower budget, then do it after they pay the bills. We should not be having this bullshit fight every 6 months. And dont act like they are trying to negotiate cutting the deficit when they already did that weeks ago and all this is about is republicans throwing a hissy fit because they didnt get their way when it comes to Obamacare.


Yes there is a deficit, and it has been going down every year since Obama has been in office and is projected to keep dropping. Next year, our deficit to GDP ratio is projected to be lower than it was in the 80's under Reagan.

Despite your "the sky is falling" rhetoric and your ideological bullcrap, congress cant just take Bush's 1.4 trillion dollar deficit and cut it down to zero in one year without completely f**king over the country, especially since they are not willing to raise any more revenue to do so. You might not like it but its going to take some time. Maybe if congress was willing to stop giving out corporate welfare left and right and do things like cut down the military and raise revenue instead of just cutting things like food stamps this process would go faster, but they arent. Sorry, that is called reality.



Government's business is throwing money at things.
It's expert at it!
That includes - of course - corporate welfare.
You may think that bailing out hedgefunds is outragous - I certainly think it is outrageous and plain silly to boot - but a Government can no more refrain from such things as a lecher can refrain from lusting.

Raising the debt is about borrowing moar muniez.
Cut expenditure, increase revenue, and dont raise the ceiling at all.

So where do you raise revenue?
Well, obviously at the consmption level.
The general population WILL bear the cost of Government.
And since the US does consume more more that it ears, savage cuts in consumption levels will do the balance of payments a lot of good too.

pm-gr-richpoorspending-462.gif
Source: NPR.

The sum of Food-at-restaurants+entertainment is no less than 9.5% of houshold expenditure all across the bandwith. That's 9.5% available for confiscation.




Last Edited: Wed Oct 09, 2013 21:26:44
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
MachineGunSteve

ID: 184119
Level: 73
Posts: 5952
Score: 3931
BBMachineGunSteve [184119]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 20:53:56
By TedThomas [887131]
By MachineGunSteve [184119]


>> There is a deficit, right? We take in less money than we spend right? Then there is something to negotiate. I don't care to get into specifics over which party is more right than the other... the bottom line is that the US Government, both parties, spend more than is available to spend, thus they need to negotiate to find a solution to the problem, and as the head of the Executive Branch, Mr. Obama should be negotiating. That is what he is paid $500 K a year for, plus perks.



No there isnt anything to negotiate. Congress had a budget, now they pay the bills. Raising the debt ceiling is about money they already spent, if congress didnt want to raise the limit then they should have thought of that before they spent the money. If they want to negotiate on a lower budget, then do it after they pay the bills. We should not be having this bullshit fight every 6 months. And dont act like they are trying to negotiate cutting the deficit when they already did that weeks ago and all this is about is republicans throwing a hissy fit because they didnt get their way when it comes to Obamacare.


Yes there is a deficit, and it has been going down every year since Obama has been in office and is projected to keep dropping. Next year, our deficit to GDP ratio is projected to be lower than it was in the 80's under Reagan.

Despite your "the sky is falling" rhetoric and your ideological bullcrap, congress cant just take Bush's 1.4 trillion dollar deficit and cut it down to zero in one year without completely f**king over the country, especially since they are not willing to raise any more revenue to do so. You might not like it but its going to take some time. Maybe if congress was willing to stop giving out corporate welfare left and right and do things like cut down the military and raise revenue instead of just cutting things like food stamps this process would go faster, but they arent. Sorry, that is called reality.


You are a perfect example of the problem, Ted. Your side is always right, and the other side is always wrong. Congratulations. You and people like you, are the reason we are in the mess we are in. A bunch of uncompromising, knuckle-heads. Enjoy the dog a pony show, Ted, because the mindset you display helps give it a forum.

I guess it is also a good thing that the evil Republicans held the gun to Obama's head back in 2011 and forced him to make even deeper cuts during the great Fiscal Cliff fiasco. It certainly makes him look like a real hero now doesn't it? He better hope this current situation doesn't blow up in his face, because I am sure history won't be too kind to the first black president, who also allowed for the first default in US history... that won't be good for his legacy now will it, Mr. Partisan?

Last Edited: Thu Oct 10, 2013 02:02:16
Forum Main>>Non Related>>Politics & Law>> America Government Partial ShutDown
First  << 1  2  3  4  5 >>  Last