Forums
First  << 1 >>  Last
Forum Main>>Questions>> education time reduction
RevLitterbox

ID: 1064389
Level: 72
Posts: 485
Score: 135
SUN RevLitterbox [1064389]Reply | Quote | Report

Thread created on Fri Aug 16, 2013 23:30:49
Last replied to on Sat Aug 17, 2013 00:53:36
Just started a new class and was confused by the time remaining it showed. I signed up for a three week class, and time remaining was listed as 14 days 5 hrs and a few minutes. I thought with my education bonuses it would be less. Shed lights please.

I've got 7 merit upgrades making 14%
Finished the Edu Job bonus for 10%
Have faction upgrades for 12.5%

This makes 36.5%. Doing the math on actual time says I only got a 32.3% bonus. Should be 13 days 8 hours-ish at 36.5%.

Do the bonuses not get stacked?


Thanks for any info

Proofs:
21 days x 24 hours = 504 hours - 36.5% = 320.04 hours / 24 = 13.35 days
14 days 5 hours = 341 hours / 504 hours = 67.7% remaining or 32.3% reduction.

-praise bokonon-
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
TheDarkLegacy

ID: 1712562
Level: 38
Posts: 8851
Score: 7835
TFCTheDarkLegacy [1712562]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Sat Aug 17, 2013 00:33:31
That does seem wrong

Last Edited: Sat Aug 17, 2013 00:33:43
4d6200cf-2566-238e-1712562.png

This signature has been viewed 5KHG.jpg times!
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
Navin

ID: 786973
Level: 69
Posts: 589
Score: 135
NuBzNavin [786973]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Sat Aug 17, 2013 00:35:22
They do not stack.

504 - 14% = 433.44
433.44 - 10% = 390.09
390.09 - 12.5% = 341.33

341.33 / 24 = 14 days 5 hrs and 17 minutes



Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
849656

ID: 849656
Level: 55
Posts: 429
Score: 218
849656 [849656]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Sat Aug 17, 2013 00:37:53
Instead of summing the bonus, they act one after the other.

504*0,86=433,44 (14% merit)
433,44*0,9=390,096 (10% job)
390,096*0,875=341,334 (12,5% faction)

Didn't knew it worked like this, but after calculating both ways, this one gets that result.

Edit: someone got it before me

Last Edited: Sat Aug 17, 2013 00:38:30
ubda2045cr4.gif
benficajt6.gif
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
Spurtung

ID: 96875
Level: 84
Posts: 6905
Score: 5184
PTSpurtung [96875]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Sat Aug 17, 2013 00:52:59
By Navin [786973]
They do not stack.

504 - 14% = 433.44
433.44 - 10% = 390.09
390.09 - 12.5% = 341.33

341.33 / 24 = 14 days 5 hrs and 17 minutes



they do stack, but don't add up, only multiply.

(100%-14%)*(100%-10%)*(100%-12.5%) = 67.725%

67.725% of 504h makes up a new total of 341.334h, which goes 14d 5h 20m

sigoutrotcspurtungfo6.jpg
Super secret reinforced spam barrier 2.0
RevLitterbox

ID: 1064389
Level: 72
Posts: 485
Score: 135
SUNRevLitterbox [1064389]Reply | Quote | Report

Posted on Sat Aug 17, 2013 00:53:36
Thanks for figuring that. I appreciate the responses.

-praise bokonon-
Forum Main>>Questions>> education time reduction
First  << 1 >>  Last