Thread created on Thu Jul 12, 2012 02:37:08 Last replied to on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:11:03
When I click the 'assassinate a mob boss crime' it displays the text messages for 'assassinate a target'.
When I click the assassinate a target' crime, it displays the text messages for 'assassinate a mob boss'.
I have been exclusively doing 'assassinate a mob boss' for months now, and only noticed this because I accidentally clicked on 'assassinate a target' and saw a message displayed directly referring to the mob boss.
I am not sure if the only the text messages are mixed, or if TORN is also performing the wrong crime.
This seems like a bug easily verified by anyone with 20 nerve, but sure:
This is the message I received from "Assassinate a Target":
1. You sit in the car and wait for the boss to arrive in the vehicle.
2. You see the car come round the corner, along with four police bikes and a squad car escort.
3. When the car has passed you, you pick up the rifle and aim at the car. You focus and try to keep your hands still, you fire three shots randomly at the car.
Result: The police look around confused as to where the shots were coming from. As you speed off, you notice the boss, still alive.
This is the message I received from "Mob Boss"
1. You get the call telling you which hospital room your target is currently in.
2. You drive down to the Hospital and buy some flowers at the gift shop.
3. You walk into the targets room shutting the door behind you.
4. You set the flowers down on the table as you pull out your syringe of poison.
5. You inject the poison into the targets IV listening for a flat line.
6. You leave the Hospital dumping the evidence in a nearby trashcan.
Result: You go home to find a briefcase with $1,147 in it for the job!
Ok look, I logged out, deleted cookies, deleted all my temp files, and deleted my entire cache. Then I did two more assassinates, after logging back in here is the result:
This is "Assassinate a Target"
1. You crouch down on the roof and aim through the opposite buildings window and wait for the boss to show.
2. You see him through the mouldy glass and begin lining the rifle up.
3. You fire two shots, the first hitting him in the chest, and the second hitting him right in the head. You quickly get off of the building and start running.
Result: You go home to find a briefcase with $1056 in it for the job!
This is "Assassinate a Mob Boss"
1. You get a message stating what restaurant the target will be at.
2. You grab car keys and head on down to the restaurant.
3. You get to the diner and knock out the cook with a frying pan.
4. You find the meal is prepared and waiting to be delivered, you reach into your pocket and pull out your bottle of poison.
Result: Your bottle of arsenic is empty! Next time be more prepared.
I'm not bothering with screenshots because the shots don't actually show which crime is selected when they give the text list... they'd prove nothing more than the copy and paste, and only be a fancy copy and paste that wastes my time. I don't know how to take a video, which would be the only way to 'prove it'.
I've told you the problem. I can reproduce it endlessly. It isn't that important a fix, but since I'm only doing assassinates right now, it would be great if they worked as intended. I cannot provide more detailed information than I already have.