|Forum Main>>IRC General>> IRC Bots - What they can and cannot do!|
Last replied to on 30/07/13
|I have been asked over and over for a list of what is allowed and what is not allowed, I have began the list with the most commonly asked questions and I am very happy to build from here so we can all see what exactly is allowed and what is not. |
I have listed many things that bot's normally do which are okay, and I've listed what is not okay. That is not to say this list cannot be updated, please mail me ingame to discuss your questions and I will update the list accordingly.
First of all please understand your IRC bot cannot log into your Torn account, it can not log into any Torn account. So if your bot must log into Torn for any information, the answer is simple for that - it's illegal and will be deemed scripting. Also note if it is not legal for IRC bot's it's not legal for any script so please don't assume you can get around the rules. If it's listed here in the 'Don't do' list - don't do it anywhere.
This thread will be locked, so you must mail ingame to discuss.
Things they can do -
1. Post ID's - a generic !ID Clansy is fine but it needs to be a manual thing such as a player typing in !ID Clansy not automated when someone is attacked. This means storing ID's is acceptable as well.
2. A bot may track respect from their faction and any other.
3. A bot may show who within your own faction has been hosped, such as Clansy was hospitalized - someone hospitalized clansy - with no retal attack links posted after it. So as long as it's just showing I was hosped which is information that can easily be pulled from global events
4. A bot may track how many hits has been done by faction members - by tracking the hits I mean they can count the times someone types 911 or shows a hosp message in the IRC channel.
5. A bot can help you and your faction members with crimes, such as the script where you paste your crime stats and the bot helps you decide which crime is best for the next merit and how far off you are from a merit etc.
6. A bot can do all of the normal !mail ID. !profile ID, !bazaar Id. !Attack Clansy etc, these must be done manually by the member not automated in any form.
7. A bot can count down the time between hits with alerts that your chain will break if you don't hit etc.
8. A bot can be made to speak randomly, store quotes, shout abuse, etc etc as long as this bot is kept in your private channel.
9. A bot can count down timers for you such as !xanax 300, !cooldown 999 etc. Again these must be manually entered by a player in the IRC channel.
10. Bots can store stats of both your faction and those you have had spied from other factions.
Things they cannot do -
1. Post attack links - For example I hosp Hydro and his bot post in his faction channel I hosped him - ' Hit Clansdancer for a retal' and post an attack link for me to be attacked by someone in his faction.
Please note on this you are only assured you are doing it within the rules if you go straight through your warbase to hosp someone on your warbase. This is how the game is intended to be played, do so.
2. Pull personal stats - Pulling personal stats of opposing factions allows people to decide who 'someoned' by watching the attacks go up. This also allows the player to be tracked to which country they are travelling to/from.
3. Bots may not automate any movements in game for a player - log in and do it yourself.
4. You cannot run a bot from a second account - there is a multiple account rule you are breaking here.
5. A bot cannot track players landing times, jail times, hospital times. Example - Someone is morphing out of the hospital that is on your warbase - your bot alerts you their hospital time is counting down. No - if you want to know if they morphing - refresh their profile (manually for the love of god).
Last Edited: Sun Aug 04, 2013 07:53:31
This thread has been locked.