The purpose of the Player Committee is to…
- Play Torn on the development server and provide intelligent feedback on upcoming updates and changes.
- Work with Developers, Admins and Staff to make sure all voices are heard and taken in to consideration.
- Alert Developers or Admins of any potential gameplay issues they foresee or experience.
- Put forward ideas of which the entire committee and developers can discuss and vote upon.
- Constantly liaise with the public to make sure they properly understand changes and the reasons behind them.
Designated members of the player committee must…
- Be active and vocal in the Forums and IRC.
- Put the Player Committee and Torn ahead of their own personal game experience and achievements.
- Provide intelligent and meaningful feedback to developers in as much detail as possible.
- Discuss and vote on upcoming changes or ideas provided by the development team or other committee members.
Designated members of the player committee must NOT…
- Use their position or knowledge of future updates to benefit themselves in game.
- Speak with anyone outside of the Player Committee / Staff team about any upcoming changes or updates.
Failure to follow these will result in a prompt and permanent federal jail sentence.
- Continuously replace members of the Player Committee who are not delivering.
- Maintain a wide variety of users in the Player Committee.
- Recruit users who both like and dislike past updates.
- Constantly liaise with the Player Committee on a day to day basis.
- Keep the committee civil.
- Add a ‘Committee Approved’ seal to each announcement made which gets the go-ahead from the Committee.